100% HDD and RAM usage

FYZX7

So since I've set back my PC and installed Windows 10, I'am having some weird issue.

When my PC is running for a good while, like 7 hours or so, everything starts to stutter and freeze.

It doesn't go away so I'am forced to cut off the power because it even takes to get to the shutting down screen.

When I go to the task manager, it says that both the HDD and the RAM is being used 100%. Whilst when checking the tasks literally nothing is using this amount, even if you add everything up.

While the task "Idle" also said it was using 98% of the CPU, even though the diagram of the task manager was saying only about 19% is being used.

I was trying to launch Snipping Tool and to make pictures of the task manager before shutting down, which I did and it took minutes. After restarting the PC the pictures werent readable though.

It happens sometimes too when I'am finishing some heavy download like a game, but I had it also when just watching a youtube video with a friend.

On 5/21/2018 at 3:35 PM, FYZX7 said:

So since I've set back my PC and installed Windows 10, I'am having some weird issue.

When my PC is running for a good while, like 7 hours or so, everything starts to stutter and freeze.

It doesn't go away so I'am forced to cut off the power because it even takes to get to the shutting down screen.

When I go to the task manager, it says that both the HDD and the RAM is being used 100%. Whilst when checking the tasks literally nothing is using this amount, even if you add everything up.

While the task "Idle" also said it was using 98% of the CPU, even though the diagram of the task manager was saying only about 19% is being used.

I was trying to launch Snipping Tool and to make pictures of the task manager before shutting down, which I did and it took minutes. After restarting the PC the pictures werent readable though.

It happens sometimes too when I'am finishing some heavy download like a game, but I had it also when just watching a youtube video with a friend.

It's hard to say without more information, but I'm guessing your hard drive is slowly failing.

So, download something like crystal disk info and check it's S.M.A.R.T. status.

Also, open up reliability history (press windows key then type reliability history).

Find the date where this last occurred, find any red or yellow warnings, double click on each one of them to expand them and post what each warning says here.