Bad performance on nearly all steam games

So I've been having quite some problems with my new laptop. It's an Alienware 15 r3 with i7 7700HQ and GTX 1070 (not a Max Q edition). 

The first month was awesome, every games maxed out at 1080p 120fps or even more but all of the sudden I'm having some major problems with steam games.

My GPU seems kind of lazy, let me explain. I'm a huge rocket league fan and I was playing at highest settings with 250fps and reaching 90% GPU usage but all of the sudden (I didn't install anything, no updates as well for BIOS or GPU) I'm only getting max of 220 but with huge fps drops as low as 20 fps. when I lower the settings I get exactly the same performance, even on the lowest settings. And this isn't just for rocket league, this is for all steam games, huge spikes in GPU usage resulting in frame drops. Whenever I'm playing on another platform like Uplay or Epic Games I don't have any problem, GPU is always 99% with no drops whatsoever.

I already reinstalled my steam games and steam, disabled steam overlay, unparked my CPU, GPU is in IRQ as well, disabled my underclock, disabled background programs ...

If anyone has any idea, please let me know because it's driving me crazy

Windows is in high performance mode?

@Some Random Member I made an own state where it would be the same as high performence when plugged in but battery saving when on battery. Nothing changed there but in Battery it only lasts 2 hours at most while I was getting 6 hours at most before

3 minutes ago, UltimateChaosthr said:

@Some Random Member I made an own state where it would be the same as high performence when plugged in but battery saving when on battery. Nothing changed there but in Battery it only lasts 2 hours at most while I was getting 6 hours at most before

Is it maybe using the intel igpu?

@Some Random Member It's a G-Sync laptop so it isn't able to use the iGPU and in some games I'm getting way too good performance for using an iGPU. I'll reinstall windows later today but thanks for the help :)

So if anybody is having the same problem, I found for almost everything the answer. 

After a factory reset and 2 restarts the problem was there again, fans were always active, temps were higher, battery life was shorter and overall responsiveness was slower. 

Apparently the latest windows update caused the problems except for rocket league not taking full advantage of my GTX 1070 with no max framerates, not even on the lowest settings, and huge spikes in GPU usage / framerates.