Ryzen 1700x Weird acting and cant undo *solved*

So I was curious and downloaded the Ryzen Master program for overclocking. I bumped up the clock to 3800, then 3900 and then I tried 4000. At 4000 my system frozen and I had to restart. Then everytime the Ryzen Master program started, it would cause the computer to instantly freeze as it knocks the CPU up to 4.0ghz. 

To get it to stop I had to uninstall the Ryzen Master software.

I run benchmarks after every system modification so I can calculate the cost vs performance gain or time spent vs performance gain.  Well running benchmarks I've found that my CPU is consistently running slower. I have an idea of what may be going on but not sure how to fix it.

So the CPU is measurably slower and I think it is due to it no longer having XFR working. The normal boost to cores that the system would do, I THINK, is no longer occurring. 

Reasons I think this:

1. The speeds are closer to what the 1700x was with a crapper cooler. This would effect the thermals and prevent the system from boosting the cores. I currently have an NH-D15 and the results were dramatically noticeable when running benchmarks.

2. I have heard when overclocking the ryzen cores, that it causes XFR to stop, as all the set cores will work at the set overclocked speed. 

So perhaps having played around with overclocking with this program, I have disabled xfr but not gotten it back. Could this be the case or is there another culprit?

What can I do to fix this and get my CPU back to how it was a week ago?

Benchmarks I use are:
Cinebench R15, Unigen Valley, Unigen Heaven, Unigen Superposition, 3DMark Time Spy, 3DMark Firestrike, GTA V, and other games. The CPU is significantly slower on all of these.  

Go to bios and enable xfr, and also core performance boost.

Also always use bios to OC, the weird in windows oc programs have never worked for me.

1 minute ago, Some Random Member said:

Go to bios and enable xfr, and also core performance boost.

Also always use bios to OC, the weird in windows oc programs have never worked for me.

I saw people recommending using it for a quick way to test and get an idea of what you can push.

I'm finding that reasoning is flawed. In fact, I am not sure those who recommended it have actually used it. They claim it will save you time with restarts but any change requires you to restart it anyways. Plus there is nothing to automatically set things back, resulting in my needing to uninstall. 

1 minute ago, Sin Stalker said:

I'm finding that reasoning is flawed. In fact, I am not sure those who recommended it have actually used it. They claim it will save you time with restarts but any change requires you to restart it anyways. Plus there is nothing to automatically set things back, resulting in my needing to uninstall. 

i agree. These programs have always caused more harm to me than gain, except the msi afterburner, but that is for OC gpus, not cpus.

7 minutes ago, BlitzTechTips said:

I personally wouldn't touch software inside of windows for overclocking. If you're going to do it, do it properly. Use BIOS if you really need to overclock. :)

5 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

i agree. These programs have always caused more harm to me than gain, except the msi afterburner, but that is for OC gpus, not cpus.

So apparently XFR is still on. But what did happen was it reset my BIOS setting for RAM. So instead of running at 3200mhz, it was at 2133mhz (or maybe lower. Didn't memorize it). 

Ran two of my benchmarks for cpu and its back to normal. Thank you. I should have checked the BIOS before posting. 

Thank you again.

18 minutes ago, BlitzTechTips said:

Mark the thread as solved & have a good day! :)

Other than changing the title, I don't know how to mark as solved.