Memory missing or is it?

JCourt
Go to solution Solved by AvocadosGuac,
2 minutes ago, JCourt said:

@Jrock

I know the memory is fine as i was using it before I got the 2x8GB sticks, I just didn't think they was compatible so I didn't use them until I watched Linus video lol

You still have 2 unpopulated slots correct? Maybe one of the slots the ram is in is dead, try both sticks in different slots.

Hey, I hope you are all well,

My problem with my memory is not all of it is being displayed but at the same time it is, there should be 24GB of ram on system

Capture.PNG.3030ea2717ccc2493555f378b934472e.PNG

My motherboard is a P6T SE with 6 ram slots and supports Single/Dual/Triple Channel memory and max memory capacity supported is 24GB, i have put my memory in as shown below

memory.png.540d0164d938e8d0805f68a0e45c78ef.png.

When using CPU-Z on SPD tab i can see all the memory in "memory slot selection" and on the memory tab it says i'm running in triple channel, but only says size is 20GB,

is this correct or not, is it a windows 10 "home x64" problem, 

any help would be appreciated

im basically trying to push my system to the max before I have to upgrade so I'm still rocking a 1st GEN I7 920,

Its not an issue with the OS only being windows 10 home. Try those 4GB sticks beside the other 8GB sticks.

image.png

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

@Jrock

I know the memory is fine as i was using it before I got the 2x8GB sticks, I just didn't think they was compatible so I didn't use them until I watched Linus video lol

2 minutes ago, JCourt said:

@Jrock

You still have 2 unpopulated slots correct? Maybe one of the slots the ram is in is dead, try both sticks in different slots.

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

@jrock, 

sorry misread, on it now, see you in 10 

9 minutes ago, JCourt said:

@jrock, 

sorry misread, on it now, see you in 10 

Sounds good.

First, download the manual for that motherboard and look at the memory config table and see how they set the slots up for how many are populated and which as you add more sticks. Second, buy a matching set... You will fair better.

Also, just because the motherboard says 24 gig max does not mean you can toss whatever in and get a stable system or even get all the ram to register. 6 slots means 4 gig per slot if 24 is the max is ideal. Mixing 8's and 4's and whatnot is problematic at best and usually causes nothing but problems with a system.

Another thing to consider is that if the board is maxed on memory, it will dump system mem and use the gpu ram in that mix so that the OS sees it and the card works as it should. You wouldn't by chance be using a graphics card with 1 gig of ram on it would you?

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287

@jrock  Im so stupid, on removing the cards I populated the two free slots and got the same results, i then removed 1 card and rebooted, I had 2gb less, "bingo" removed the card and placed the other stick in a slot, only gained 2GB...confusion, turns out i was reading the serial number...*** *** 4gb means paired 4GB... I have 2 sticks paired at 2GB each...it was a wile ago I had use the ram, im sure I had more lol...

@billstelling

I have downloaded the manual that's how I know where to put my ram and also why I added more memory into the mix.Capture.PNG.0dea2c2d84215ad5553d4e3481bb1478.PNG 

My graphics card is a GTX1050 2GB, also I run a dedicated 150GB Pagefile drive lol, but taking your advice into consideration, motherboard 24GB max capacity, 20GB of ram and 2GB on Graphics card, = 22GB with 2GB buffer, Id says that's the boundy, all i need to do is run a stress test for 24 hours