Aluminum or Steel Rivets, help please

As the title says guys and gals. I plan on taking apart a Define Nano S to paint it all white and rivet it back together. Aluminum or Steel Rivets?

Just now, ClockSoicy084 said:

As the title says guys and gals. I plan on taking apart a Define Nano S to paint it all white and rivet it back together. Aluminum or Steel Rivets?

Aluminum rivets would do the job nicely, you don't really need steel rivets as it's not under any real heavy load or such. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Just now, W-L said:

Aluminum rivets would do the job nicely, you don't really need steel rivets as it's not under any real heavy load or such. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Thank you for the thread movement and your response.

By chance, do you know what is originally used in the original rivets of a case? I'm thinking it might be steel for the Nano S for it's made out of steel, but it's probably aluminum to cut down on costs.

3 minutes ago, ClockSoicy084 said:

By chance, do you know what is originally used in the original rivets of a case? I'm thinking it might be steel for the Nano S for it's made out of steel, but it's probably aluminum to cut down on costs.

Take a magnet to it to find out. In general the rule is to match the rivet to the material so steel to steel, aluminum to aluminum to prevent galvanic corrosion if it were to go in any harsh environment. For a computer case it will never experience that so given the ease of use aluminium rivets are used in a lot of applications, I've seen both steel and aluminium used before on various cases. 

I've used steel blind rivets on aluminum with no long term problems.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!