RGB Light strips emitting high pitch tones on certain colours?

chckovsky

I have a Cooler Master RGB strip and a set of Phanteks RGB strips. I tried connecting either to my motherboards's (yes, plural) VGRB headers (both strips are compatible with this on both motherboards), and I was very annoyed to find a high pitched noise on either models. The noise went away when no RGB strip was installed and the noise seem to originate from the strip itself. The noise is very noticeable on a colour cycle mode and on certain colors.

Is this normal? Are my motherboard VGRB headers and RGB strips faulty or is this expected behaviour with external RGB strips?

Oh, and both motherboards are ROG strix boards. One Z270E, one Z370F. Running Asus Aura sync.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4