First Ever Build For Programming And Gaming

Processor:

Intel 8700K (420 USD)

Motherboard:

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 OR ASUS STRIX Z370E (277 USD)

Memory:

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000 Bus (8x2) (242 USD)

Storage:

Samsung 960 Evo NVMe SSD (286 USD)

CPU Cooler:

Cooler Master Hyper 212  OR Corsair H55 AIO (50 USD)

Chassis:

Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 OR Thermaltake Versa N2 (60 USD)

Power Supply:

Corsair VS550 OR Corsair VS650 (60 USD)

GPU:

GTX 1060 6GB (won't be buying right now. 'll buy in a few months)

The current total is aroud 1400 USD without the GTX1060

Will mostly be using this for programming and eventual gaming.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

What country are you in? Those prices look like they're converted. 

I'm from Pakistan and yes the prices are converted from PKR to USD

What do you plan to game with? What games specifically at what resolution (and quality) and what is your FPS target?

I think you can get a far cheaper CPU and motherboard and be just as happy.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

2 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

What do you plan to game with? What games specifically at what resolution (and quality) and what is your FPS target?

I think you can get a far cheaper CPU and motherboard and be just as happy.

although I'm buying a 32" 2K Display (Viewsonic LED VX3276-2K-MHD) but I'll mainly be playing at 1080 and I'm fine with 60 FPS.  i'm not looking to play any specific titles will play anything from GTA-V, Tomb Raider to DOTA and CS: GO

I would suggest getting a SATA III ssd, as large as the budget permits. The better performance of an NVMe drive is generally not that noticeable with the intended usage. Certainly not usually enough to justify the added cost. 

An 80+ Bronze psu like the Corsair CX450, CX450M, or CM Masterwatt 450 or 550 would be a better choice. 450W will provide more than enough capacity for the build.

Unless you want to overclock consider a locked i7-8700 on a B360 or H370 motherboard. Otherwise, you probably should get a better cpu cooler.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I would personally recommend the I5-8600/k or equivalent ryzen CPU and a slightly cheaper motherboard.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

2 minutes ago, brob said:

I would suggest getting a SATA III ssd, as large as the budget permits. The better performance of an NVMe drive is generally not that noticeable with the intended usage. Certainly not usually enough to justify the added cost. 

An 80+ Bronze psu like the Corsair CX450, CX450M, or CM Masterwatt 450 or 550 would be a better choice. 450W will provide more than enough capacity for the build.

Unless you want to overclock consider a locked i7-8700 on a B360 or H370 motherboard. Otherwise, you probably should get a better cpu cooler.

The main reason for going with the NVMe SSD is that it makes a huge difference in programming especially during compilation believe me its worth the cost.

As far as overclocking is concerned I won't be overclocking at all. 8700k costs around 420 USD here and a 8700 costs around 355 USD. The 500Mhz boost in the base clock worth 65 USD?

If I go with a 8700k(not overclocked) which Cooler should I buy?
As for the PSU 550W would be enough because down the line I'll add atleast 3 x 3TB HDs and a GTX1060/1070?

Use pcpartpicker.com to assemble the build it will provide a power estimate. A 450W psu will handle an i7-8700K with 5 SATA III peripherals and a GTX 1060 no problems. There is even a small margin for overclocking.

Provided the NVMe ssd is large enough to host all project files, it might be worth the premium. But if the compiler/make is going to have to work with stuff off the hdd as well as the ssd, perhaps a larger ssd that hosts all files would be better.

If you feel more comfortable with 550W, see if something like the Masterwatt 550W or CX550/CX550M fits the budget.

The clock difference between a stock i7-8700K and i7-8700 is actually more like 100MHz, not 500MHz. See the turbo frequencies below. From https://www.anandtech.com/show/11859/the-anandtech-coffee-lake-review-8700k-and-8400-initial-numbers/18 cfl_turbo_v2_575px.png

The i7-8700 is a 65W TDP part which likely accounts for its lower base (idle) clock.

I personally like the Cryorig H7 cpu cooler if it is available.

57 minutes ago, brob said:

Use pcpartpicker.com to assemble the build it will provide a power estimate. A 450W psu will handle an i7-8700K with 5 SATA III peripherals and a GTX 1060 no problems. There is even a small margin for overclocking.

Provided the NVMe ssd is large enough to host all project files, it might be worth the premium. But if the compiler/make is going to have to work with stuff off the hdd as well as the ssd, perhaps a larger ssd that hosts all files would be better.

If you feel more comfortable with 550W, see if something like the Masterwatt 550W or CX550/CX550M fits the budget.

The clock difference between a stock i7-8700K and i7-8700 is actually more like 100MHz, not 500MHz. See the turbo frequencies below. From https://www.anandtech.com/show/11859/the-anandtech-coffee-lake-review-8700k-and-8400-initial-numbers/18 cfl_turbo_v2_575px.png

The i7-8700 is a 65W TDP part which likely accounts for its lower base (idle) clock.

I personally like the Cryorig H7 cpu cooler if it is available.

8700 seems like a much better option will air cooling will be enough? like Hyper 212?

Yes. You could even use the stock cooler that comes with the boxed version.