Screen goes black, PC's keep running

Hello, I've had this one problem for like 1-2 weeks now (My PC is like 6 years old I think) . My screen goes black, but the PC's still running. There is no error message whatsoever. I have Win10 64 bit, fx-6300, MSI gtx760 2gb, 16 gb ddr3, cooler master 600w, gigabyte MB (not sure what type, if necessary i will look it up) Thanks in advance for any help.

is your PC OC'd? if so you might want to make sure its properly cooled cuz i had a build that was a stock clock and the cooling wasnt propper so i had to underclock it to get it to not crash.

1 minute ago, 10xephos01 said:

is your PC OC'd? if so you might want to make sure its properly cooled cuz i had a build that was a stock clock and the cooling wasnt propper so i had to underclock it to get it to not crash.

It's not, I'm running the stock cooler on my CPU.

and you are using the stock cooler? if you are you might want to turn the clock speed down by 1-200 MHz i had the same issue on my 9150 and that seemed to fix it also i ditched the stock cooler and got an evo 212(they are relatively cheap). oh and you might want to disable turbo if thats enabled.

2 minutes ago, DemionicGin said:

When your PC goes black, can you toggle the Num Lock led??

I haven't tried that yet, I'll let you know the next time it crash, but it haven't crashed for an hour now so i'll have to wait propably 'till tommorow.

5 minutes ago, The deepest dankest memer said:

I haven't tried that yet, I'll let you know the next time it crash, but it haven't crashed for an hour now so i'll have to wait propably 'till tommorow.

If you can toggle you Num-lock /Caps-lock, then its probably you display connector or your display. If its the opposite, then something is wrong with your CPU.

59 minutes ago, DemionicGin said:

If you can toggle you Num-lock /Caps-lock, then its probably you display connector or your display. If its the opposite, then something is wrong with your CPU.

I don't think it is a connector problem, I've read somewhere that it might be PSU problem, could it be true?

9 hours ago, The deepest dankest memer said:

I don't think it is a connector problem, I've read somewhere that it might be PSU problem, could it be true?

If you cannot toggle Num led or Caps Lock led, then it can be a PSU problem. First you have to check if you can toggle it or not. :D

On 15. 5. 2018 at 4:45 AM, DemionicGin said:

If you cannot toggle Num led or Caps Lock led, then it can be a PSU problem. First you have to check if you can toggle it or not. :D

I can't toogle it when it crashes, just tried it now.

5 hours ago, The deepest dankest memer said:

I can't toogle it when it crashes, just tried it now.

Then it can be anything from GPU, PSU, Memory or motherboard. You have to diagnose it one after another to find the faulty part. Best bet would be to strip the PC to bare minimum and working your way up from there.