1080ti sli help plz!!!

I'm trying to get my 2 asus 1080 ti turbos to work on my mobo. I'm rocking a asus maximus x formula. My processor is a intel 8700k. Now if asked around for help but havant got far. I'm having trouble getting my mobo to boot up with both gpus installed. When I try to boot up with both. I get a post code of 30. Aka system walking up from s3. Something like that. I get no display to my monitor. Can't get to bios nor boot to windows. Iv tested both cards on other mobos one at a time. Work. So cards arnt bad. My power supply is a evga 1600 supernova. Plenty of power. My mobo calls for 2 gpus on lane 1 and 2.But I get the problem mentioned on these. Lane 3 being the pcie x4. Lane 1 x16. Lane 2 x8. Now if I use lane 1 and 3. It will boot. But the second gpu is useless due to it being in x4 slot. I can't even boot one card on second lane. Am I doing something wrong. Iv tried this on multiple maximus x boards. Yet second slot always seem to be the problem. I find it hard to believe all my boards have dead pcie 2 slots.

26 minutes ago, Blacklablelive said:

Just sell one for like $900 while you still can

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?