Asus VG248QE DisplayPort Problems

jlangford.9

Has anybody had a problem with Asus monitors and displayport? I am running displayport from my motherboard (Maximus VI Formula) to my monitor and it says: Displayport- NO SIGNAL. I have been using this setup and cable for a month, and everything has worked fine until now. The monitor works does work with HDMI but i would like to isolate if the problem with the connection is on the motherboard or monitor side. I know this is a very popular monitor, has anybody had this problem or know how to fix it? 

CPU: 4770k @ 4.6 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G-Skill Trident X 16GB @ 1866 COOLER: EK Custom Loop (Supremacy/780 Block/360mm/280mm/MCP35X/Bitspower Res) GPU: Galaxy GTX 780 HOF @1425  STORAGE: 120GB/240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 2TB WD Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: EVGA Supenova 1000G2 Case: Corsair 750D with 140mm Akasa Vipers MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

Almost forgot, I have no other monitors or devices to test displayport on. 

CPU: 4770k @ 4.6 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G-Skill Trident X 16GB @ 1866 COOLER: EK Custom Loop (Supremacy/780 Block/360mm/280mm/MCP35X/Bitspower Res) GPU: Galaxy GTX 780 HOF @1425  STORAGE: 120GB/240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 2TB WD Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: EVGA Supenova 1000G2 Case: Corsair 750D with 140mm Akasa Vipers MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

• 7 months later...

Hello. I have the exact monitor and the same problem with the DisplayPort. We are on the same boat. Lets just hope for someone out there to help us out for 

our DisplayPort problem. 

I also like to mention that my HDMI works completely normal. I only have one monitor to test out this DisplayPort problem. I already tried using a brand new Displayport 

cable, but still no luck. I also tried updating my drivers for GPU, Motherboard and Monitor. I doubt that this is a dust problem because I just built my system 2 months ago.

:)  :)  :)  :)  I just solved this problem!! All I did was update my GPU drivers and that did the trick. I am currently using a Nvidia GPU with the latest GeForce 340.52 driver.

I hope that I could help. 

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same problem.. I got a displayport cable because it wasn't as bulky as the DVI-D cable, it worked just fine for about a week, then it just gaveme the same message "No signal..". I even ended up buying another displayport cable, the didn't work either. My friend has got a screen just like it and he is using displayport cable without any trouble, and I had him test my cables to see if they were faulty, and they weren't. I'm very disappointed :( I don't what to do, and it seems like not a lot are having this problem. Maybe we should try and chat with ASUS to see if they know about this? It's just strange that some fixes this with a GFX driver update? :(

• 5 months later...

If anyone else as the problem I tried a different port on my GPU it worked for me,  I heard unplugging the power cable  for a 1 minute works for some but not for me, though worth giving it a go.

If you want 144 hz you got to have DISPLAYPORT

• 5 years later...

I've had this issue pop up today and as usual, tried all the possible fixes that can be found on tomshardware forums, this one, etc. Usually when these types of problems show up, you dont really take the old fixes seriously (this forum is 7 years old) but i recommend trying everything all the same.

https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2016/03/12/fix-displayport-not-working-no-signal/
This link gave me the solution and the problem really was overcharged capacitors which needed emptying (unplugging the monitor for 1 minute). I'd like to provide additional info on why exactly this solves everything, and i genuinely tried finding an explanation but there's no info on the exact reason why overcharged capacitors would influence only the displayport. 

Just goes to show how chaotic and full of different variables monitors are. 

P.S. 
Persistence is key in these situations, don't let your emotions prevail and prevent you from trying everything you can