Monitor not seeing Motherboard

Tensorphase
Go to solution Solved by Tensorphase,

Thanks for the reply guys but wouldn't you know it the problem resolved itself. Sorry for the bother

Hi guys, coming back to PC building after many years and I'm having trouble with my new computer build and looking for help.

Iused every manual for the PSU, Motherboard, and the case itself. Everything appears to be properly plugged in and when I turn on the power the built in lights come on, when I press the start button the fans turn on and it sounds like it's working. But no matter what I can't get an HDMI signal to the monitor and I've used the monitor with my work computer so I know the HDMI works.

Anyone have any ideas what can be the problem? I even double checked the CPU and RAM (one of the dimms was in the wrong slot for matching up initially but I've since corrected that)

I'm using an ASUS PRIME Z370-A motherboard, i7 8700K CPU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro full tower case, EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G PSU, Corsair DDR4 32GB RAM 3200 MHz, and the monitor is an ASUS VS248H-P 24" monitor.

Thank you guys in advance

11 minutes ago, Tensorphase said:

Hi guys, coming back to PC building after many years and I'm having trouble with my new computer build and looking for help.

Iused every manual for the PSU, Motherboard, and the case itself. Everything appears to be properly plugged in and when I turn on the power the built in lights come on, when I press the start button the fans turn on and it sounds like it's working. But no matter what I can't get an HDMI signal to the monitor and I've used the monitor with my work computer so I know the HDMI works.

Anyone have any ideas what can be the problem? I even double checked the CPU and RAM (one of the dimms was in the wrong slot for matching up initially but I've since corrected that)

I'm using an ASUS PRIME Z370-A motherboard, i7 8700K CPU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro full tower case, EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G PSU, Corsair DDR4 32GB RAM 3200 MHz, and the monitor is an ASUS VS248H-P 24" monitor.

Thank you guys in advance

What about the HDMI cable?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Thanks for the reply guys but wouldn't you know it the problem resolved itself. Sorry for the bother

1 minute ago, Tensorphase said:

Alright that is always the best outcome, maybe it was drivers or a loose cable or something. Anyways welcome to the LTT forums and happy gaming!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

12 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Alright that is always the best outcome, maybe it was drivers or a loose cable or something. Anyways welcome to the LTT forums and happy gaming!

Thanks, I have a feeling when I was fiddling around and checking cables I made some connection more secure.