What do I upgrade to get better FPS?

1 minute ago, iiNNeX said:

I'd save for 8700k if you plan to multitask and keep the PC for a while (3-4 years). It will help you be more futureproof, but the 7700k is a good second choice. (wouldn't go for non K 7700 personally).

According to the video above, with a 4.7ghz 6700k the guy is able to get average of 90+ sometimes 100 fps on Siege on Ultra/V.High, so should be no issue to get 144 on Low with an even more modern CPU.

Yes I have seen this video before, the problem is the ingame benchmark is way different than the actually game FPS. I get the same performance as he gets with i5 7500. Thanks for your time to help me :). I cannot get i7 7700k version since my cpu isnt unlocked to overclock on my mobo. If i get a new mobo, i might aswell get the i7 8700... So the question is i7 7700 or i7 8700. Do you think its worth to save up for 8700 or do you think I'll be fine with streaming and getting around 144 hz with 7700?

4 minutes ago, Vizent said:

Yes I have seen this video before, the problem is the ingame benchmark is way different than the actually game FPS. I get the same performance as he gets with i5 7500. Thanks for your time to help me :). I cannot get i7 7700k version since my cpu isnt unlocked to overclock on my mobo. If i get a new mobo, i might aswell get the i7 8700... So the question is i7 7700 or i7 8700. Do you think its worth to save up for 8700 or do you think I'll be fine with streaming and getting around 144 hz with 7700?

I doubt the 7700 will allow you to stream and get 144fps smoothly, I'd honestly save for the 8700 if I was you, the price difference should not be that much more (at least it's not here in the UK).

And yes benchmarks are different compared to in-game play but I just use them as a baseline.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Just now, iiNNeX said:

I doubt the 7700 will allow you to stream and get 144fps smoothly, I'd honestly save for the 8700 if I was you, the price difference should not be that much more (at least it's not here in the UK).

And yes benchmarks are different compared to in-game play but I just use them as a baseline.

Alright, I will not go 7700 then. The price difference is quite a lot since I have to buy a new mobo as well. Bonus question and then I'll close this thread: any recommendations for cheap/good quality mobo?

On 12/05/2018 at 2:09 PM, Vizent said:

Alright, I will not go 7700 then. The price difference is quite a lot since I have to buy a new mobo as well. Bonus question and then I'll close this thread: any recommendations for cheap/good quality mobo?

What is your budget for a mobo?

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR