RBG Header Issue

ChaoticFury09

Good morning everyone,

Hoping for some help with an RGB issue. I just purchased a 30cm CableMod RGB Strip with only white LEDs so I could light up the interior of my case. I currently have an Asus Z370-E motherboard, and connected it to the motherboard with the provided Asus adapter and extension cable. Upon plugging it in the cable made a horrible buzzing sound and the LEDs were very dim. I booted the computer and attempted to use Asus Aura to try to fix the issue. When I went to calibration it would stop buzzing but I assume because there is not actually blue/red/green RGB's no matter what configuration I used it would not stop buzzing or light up completely.

Anyone have any idea how to use a white RGB strip connected to the motherboard or is my only solution to power it individually through SATA? I was hoping to avoid this as I am not using any SATA drives in my computer and trying to keep the cables tidy.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know, as I would like to get this to work if possible.

white, isnt RGB... if its just a straight up white LED, should be able to just plug it into Sata power and forget it. Its how I have my White LED Widebeam strips hooked up in my case. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Sounds good, I was hoping to avoid a sata cable, but I will do that. Is there a way to control the brightness?