Fans getting tired

mao91

So my PC is running Fractal Design GP-14 case fans (2 front, 1 rear) and a pair of 150mm Noctua fans on the CPU cooler. For the first year or so, they were so silent that even at moderate speeds, you couldn't hear them. Now I have to drop the fan speeds to reduce noise. Anyone know how to get these quiet again, or after 2.5 years is it time to just replace them?

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

Are you sure that the fans are running at the same rpm? If dust is building up in your system, it could be that the fans just need to run faster to maintain the same temps.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well, it's possible. I haven't cleaned out my system in a while. It's probably due for a visit from the compressed air can.

If what I'm posting has already been posted, I'm sorry.

That are some decent fans. They shouldn’t be worn down after only one year.

It’s probably due to an excessive dust built-up that they are now running at a higher rpm than when your PC was brand new. So... nothing that some compressed air can’t fix