OBS won't work...

So I have used OBS before to record fortnite and it worked perfectly fine. Then I just tried again to record fortnite so I decide to open it up and I get the message that is attached in the screenshot. I don't know what happened, I reinstalled OBS, updated all of my drivers, I don't know what else I could do...

2018-05-10.png

EDIT: I have the MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB

This happens when you run out of RAM or most of the RAM is typically allocated to other applications.

For example, in my case, having Premiere Pro opened is enough to cause OBS to not function and this message will appear.

Just now, WereCat said:

This happens when you run out of RAM or most of the RAM is typically allocated to other applications.

For example, in my case, having Premiere Pro opened is enough to cause OBS to not function and this message will appear.

I had task manager open... I have 8GB of RAM and it wasn't being fully used.

Just now, Jack Dvorak said:

I had task manager open... I have 8GB of RAM and it wasn't being fully used.

It doesn't have to be fully used. It can be reserved or allocated to different applications.

Also, disabling the OBS recording function where you can instantly save replay by pressing a key shortcut like in Shadowplay will help, as that can use quite a bit of RAM.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

It doesn't have to be fully used. It can be reserved or allocated to different applications.

Also, disabling the OBS recording function where you can instantly save replay by pressing a key shortcut like in Shadowplay will help, as that can use quite a bit of RAM.

Well I don't think that is the case... but how do I fix it?

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

10 minutes ago, HolaImBob said:

could try and install a previous release from their github 

https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases

I installed an older version... 20.1 or something like that and it works perfectly, thank  you @HolaImBob