Which is better?

Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

First, "Officejet" and "Laserjet" are brand names of a product. There's only inkjet and just simply laser (because there's no "jet")

Anyway, which is better really depends on your needs. If you rarely print pages out, laser printers are better because the toner doesn't "expire". Ink cartridges on inkjets can dry out over time, sometimes within months. So the next time you want to print something, you'll find out the ink cartridge no longer works. Laser toner cartridges are more expensive up front, sure, but it's possibly the same amount of money you would've spent replacing ink cartridges that dried out.

As far as quality is concerned, I think at this point it doesn't matter. However I have a gut feeling inkjet has potentially better quality, or at least options that give it better quality. If you're just looking to print things occasionally and not quality color prints, just go with a B&W laser printer.

Couldn't find a section for printer related stuff.

Anyway, which is better? Inkjet, Laserjet, or Officejet? 

What are pros and cons? 

Main pc

CPU: AMD RYZEN 2200G || GPU: EVGA GTX 780 || PSU: EVGA 500W  ||  MOBO: MSI B350M MORTAR ||

RAM: BALLISTIX SPORT LT 12GB (4X3) DDR4 3133 MHz ||  CPU COOLER: AMD WRAITH STEALTH || SSD: SILICON POWER S55 120GB (BOOT) ||

HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB BLUE 7.2K RPM, 200GB random Toshiba HDD || CASE: Thermaltake View 28 ||

Consoles

|| XBOX 360 || NINTENDO WII U || PLAYSTATION 3 || PSVita (1000 model, henkaku fw 3.87 || NINTENDO 3DS XL || Nintendo Switch Lite ||

First, "Officejet" and "Laserjet" are brand names of a product. There's only inkjet and just simply laser (because there's no "jet")

Anyway, which is better really depends on your needs. If you rarely print pages out, laser printers are better because the toner doesn't "expire". Ink cartridges on inkjets can dry out over time, sometimes within months. So the next time you want to print something, you'll find out the ink cartridge no longer works. Laser toner cartridges are more expensive up front, sure, but it's possibly the same amount of money you would've spent replacing ink cartridges that dried out.

As far as quality is concerned, I think at this point it doesn't matter. However I have a gut feeling inkjet has potentially better quality, or at least options that give it better quality. If you're just looking to print things occasionally and not quality color prints, just go with a B&W laser printer.

20 minutes ago, The Cheeto Bomb said:

Couldn't find a section for printer related stuff.

Anyway, which is better? Inkjet, Laserjet, or Officejet? 

What are pros and cons? 

Allow me to chime in on quality, coming from a photographer:

inkjet if you print lots of high quality colour images, but they will bleed you dry on ink costs.

Laser is better for everything else.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

None

you could get a Brother laser printer if you're only printing text, charts and graphs (not images) in B/W, I bought one for $195 ~2 years ago and it works great, I use compatible toner cartridges that are way cheaper than the OEM's

this is mine

https://www.brother-usa.com/products/HLL6200DW#specifications

if you need color or scan/copy Brother also have some AIO units

Ink cartridges printers are a total scam, sometimes the ink is more expensive than the printer itself and you can't use compatible ink because some printers have a lock *cough* HP *cough*

Go Laser

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Printers belong to peripherals. To actual topic. This comes down to how much you print, what you print and how much you are willing to pay for first year of use.

Ink printers are cheap, but cartridges can get costly if you print a lot. Like $70 for decent color printer and $15 per cartridge (2 or 3 fills in year if you print a lot). Plus is that you can get good quality multiuse and color device at same price you are paying for color laser, or better B&W lasers. And there aren't any cheaper-side multiuse color lasers.

Laser printer is expensive at front, both device and cartridges. But you probably can use single fill for whole year. I haven't had any home/home office lasers with family/friends, only have used them at work.

As for brands, all home printers I've had are Canon. While I've had many HP devices, I wouldn't get anything from HP again. Epson, Brother and Samsung are other brands you should look at, besides Canon ofc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv