Monitor Blacking out randomly, Blue Artifacts

gabriestar

Hi!

I have a problem already for about 2 weeks. 

My Monitor goes black while using the pc randomly and coming back after a few seconds working fine for a bit afterwards.

AND

I noticed some blue little "artifacts" while watching videos or going to my desktop (wallpaper)

Basically a few pixels turning blue (going away when covering it with cursor or other stuff)

I initially hoped it is the graphic cards driver because it began kind of after I updates my Nvidia Geforce Experience GameReady Driver.

but i got a new update today hoping it would work then (It doesnt)

Is it possible that it happened after I clocked my RAM a little bit? 

Does the monitor have a problem? (Acer GN246HLBbid)

Is it the cable? (Connected with DVI)

System Specs:

Intel Core i5 6500

MSI Z170A PC MATE

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

16GB Corsair vengeance 3000Mhz 

The best way to test this out is with a different monitor if you can borrow from a friend. Chances are it's the monitor.

Though if you have time before doing the above, do a clean install of graphics drivers, and to some older more stable version first. Look up DDU.

The other thing you can do, is try to fiddle with the graphics settings. Change the refresh rate to something lower for example. If it works, probably the monitor having issues.

7 minutes ago, NMS said:

The best way to test this out is with a different monitor if you can borrow from a friend. Chances are it's the monitor.

Though if you have time before doing the above, do a clean install of graphics drivers, and to some older more stable version first. Look up DDU.

The other thing you can do, is try to fiddle with the graphics settings. Change the refresh rate to something lower for example. If it works, probably the monitor having issues.

I just tried to change the refresh rate to 120hz instead 144. The artifact problem is gone now. But it keeps blacking out.

8 minutes ago, gabriestar said:

I just tried to change the refresh rate to 120hz instead 144. The artifact problem is gone now. But it keeps blacking out.

Probably the monitor. I had similar issues.