Fx 8350 cooler

Best cooler for and fx 8350 for around 30$? 

On 10/05/2018 at 1:35 PM, agobran said:

Best cooler for and fx 8350 for around 30$? 

The FX 8350 is a very power hungry cooler. I used to have one running on the stock cooler. It idled at 60c and went up to 90c in games.

I decided that was enough and bought a 240mm AIO. Then it idled 10-20 and reached a peak of 60-65c.

That AIO was $100, and the temperatures were good, but not the best.

I doubt you will be able to find a cooler for under $30 for the 8350.

But look into a 212 evo, but if you can, look for the really bulky Noctua coolers with huge heatsinks, or dual-triple fan air coolers from coolermaster.

hi.

Cooler master Hyper 212

Arctic Freezer 33

Similar tower coolers, preferably with direct contact with the heatpipes.

Some top-blow coolers would even be preferred, but the beefy ones tend to be more expensive.

Just now, AskTJ said:

The FX 8350 is a very power hungry cooler. I used to have one running on the stock cooler. It idled at 60c and went up to 90c in games.

I decided that was enough and bought a 240mm AIO. Then it idled 10-20 and reached a peak of 60-65c.

That AIO was $100, and the temperatures were good, but not the best.

I doubt you will be able to find a cooler for under $30 for the 8350.

But look into a 212 evo, but if you can, look for the really bulky Noctua coolers with huge heatsinks, or dual-triple fan air coolers from coolermaster.

Unfortunately I can't run a super bulky cooler so I was looking at a 212 of a t4 just wondering if there was anything better

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

There was definitely something wrong with your CPU then: it should have shut down at 72C or so. FX CPUs have a relatively low max temp compared to more current CPUs.

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Idle temps are meaningless in FX chips due to the sensor they use, but 60-65 is still pretty high for a 240mm AIO. Are you running some kind of crazy overclock?

On 10/05/2018 at 1:43 PM, SpaceGhostC2C said:

There was definitely something wrong with your CPU then: it should have shut down at 72C or so. FX CPUs have a relatively low max temp compared to more current CPUs.

Idle temps are meaningless in FX chips due to the sensor they use, but 60-65 is still pretty high for a 240mm AIO. Are you running some kind of crazy overclock?

It was an old 240mm AIO. I was running either stock at 4.0 or maybe 4.2GHz. I never went over.

I have since sold the system and moved to intel.

hi.