White Bars on new laptop screen

Marshal R

I booted on my monitor after installing the most recent graphics drivers for my GTX 1060 for my predator helios 300 ($1050 Version) and i come to a screen like the pictures shown, any tips on how to fix this without having to buy anything because im not really looking forward to that.

IMG_2203[1].JPG

IMG_2204[1].JPG

IMG_2205[1].JPG

IMG_2206[1].JPG

IMG_2207[1].JPG

IMG_2208[1].JPG

That looks like a defect, contact the seller or start a RMA with the manufacturer. Do you see those white bars right away when you start up the laptop?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

That looks like a defect, contact the seller or start a RMA with the manufacturer. Do you see those white bars right away when you start up the laptop?

Yeah it just came up as i booted it up, and i've tried talking to acer, they keep telling me to reset. 

Just now, Marshal R said:

Yeah it just came up as i booted it up, and i've tried talking to acer, they keep telling me to reset. 

Tell them it's not doing any good, and file for a RMA. Contact them via phone if you can, phone support typically responds faster from my experience. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

4 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

wait atm they seem to be turning the same color as my backround but still hugely noticable

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

Tell them it's not doing any good, and file for a RMA. Contact them via phone if you can, phone support typically responds faster from my experience. 

i'll let it sit over night see how it comes out, thanks for the help! i'll reply here again if it doesn't go away

9 hours ago, Marshal R said:

i'll let it sit over night see how it comes out, thanks for the help! i'll reply here again if it doesn't go away

so the lines have just magically disappeared?