GTX 1060 - 1.5 or 1.6 core clock?

Mhmd
Go to solution Solved by whoisit1118,
2 minutes ago, Mhmd said:

The MSI GTX 1060 6GB GT OCV1 got 1.54ghz core clock and 2 fans and costs 300USD.

The EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING got 1.61ghz core clock but has only 1 fan and costs about the same.

Which one should I buy

Definitely get the MSI OCV1. In fact, I have had both cards(although the EVGA one was with a 1060 3GB card), and the OCV1 is far superior. You should be able to overclock 150-200mhz yourself with additional headroom.

I was on pc part picker to do some changing with my build after getting the daily price drops email from pcpartpicker, and a gtx 1060 6gb was being sold for only 300USD, which was a 15USD drop, When I went to choose that card I realised that each card has a different CORE CLOCK it ranged between 1.51ghz and up to 1.65ghz.

So should I buy the cheap 300USD card that has about 1.54ghz core clock or should I go for something more expensive?

Whats the difference between each one of them? What does core clock mean?

Could we see what card they are? The worse card can be overclocked to match the more expensive one, but it would probably louder with a worse cooler.

1 minute ago, whoisit1118 said:

Could we see what card they are? The worse card can be overclocked to match the more expensive one, but it would probably louder with a worse cooler.

The MSI GTX 1060 6GB GT OCV1 got 1.54ghz core clock and 2 fans and costs 300USD.

The EVGA GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING got 1.61ghz core clock but has only 1 fan and costs about the same.

Which one should I buy

2 minutes ago, Mhmd said:

Which one should I buy

Definitely get the MSI OCV1. In fact, I have had both cards(although the EVGA one was with a 1060 3GB card), and the OCV1 is far superior. You should be able to overclock 150-200mhz yourself with additional headroom.