Windows 10 Splash/Sign In screen freeze after replacing CPU cooler.

Hello all,

After replacing my Corsair h100i v2 with the Intel stock cooler for warranty repairs, I’ve been unable to log in to Windows 10 due to freezing at the sign-in screen. Each time the sign in screen appears it displays the correct time. I am able to move the cursor very briefly before it freezes. This happens every time I restart, with the sometimes-exception of the blue troubleshooting menu. In this menu, I experience no issues. When booting into the motherboards UEFI I’ve noticed that on occasion the BIOS fails to recognize the presence of any of my fans, while correctly identifying each of my components (RAM, CPU, drives). The fans are fully operational while being unrecognized. I've never experienced this problem before, and it began as soon as I installed the stock cooler.

So far in my own troubleshooting I’ve reinstalled the AIO, reapplied thermal paste, disabled my CPU overclock settings, disabled the CPUs turbo, and wiped my programs and reinstalled Windows. The freezing persisted through all of this.

Can anyone provide suggestions on what the issue could be or what else I can do to fix this?

My hardware includes: i7 4790k, Asus Z97-A motherboard, EVGA GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Evo SATA SSD.

Cheers.

EDITS: Changes to sentence structures, typo fixes