Starting Language and other question

calebp123
Go to solution Solved by Tea1337,

Ya I mean I don't expect to be a pro in a day, I'm just wondering if theres anything like code academy that makes c++ that easy.

You can't make C++ easy to learn but have a wack at code academy for C++, It just might be your best bet. Everything else is kinda dodgy

So I've started using code academy for learning javascript and its been very insightful but how good of a starting language is this? In other words will learning this language allow me to learn other languages easier than me just not knowing anything at all and starting with a language like c++? Also my other question is what is the main language used for android apps and games? Thanks for any help :)

Start with C++, trust me it will make your life more easy in the end. You can also start with C# and move your way upwards from there.

So I've started using code academy for learning javascript and its been very insightful but how good of a starting language is this? In other words will learning this language allow me to learn other languages easier than me just not knowing anything at all and starting with a language like c++? Also my other question is what is the main language used for android apps and games? Thanks for any help :)

It's a good language to start with , obviously changing languages there will be differences but many of the principles you will learn coding that can be applied to another language

Start with C++, trust me it will make your life more easy in the end. You can also start with C# and move your way upwards from there.

What resources do you recommend and are there any like code academy?

If your goal is to make Android apps, there's really no reason not to start with Java. It's a fine language and you'll have to learn it for Android anyway.

If your goal is to make Android apps, there's really no reason not to start with Java. It's a fine language and you'll have to learn it for Android anyway.

Well it's not my main goal, that's to make games in general, but android games would probably be easiest to start with.

Well it's not my main goal, that's to make games in general, but android games would probably be easiest to start with.

No they aren't the easiest to start with, desktop games are. Try out GameMaker, I started there 4 years ago now I code in C#, C++, Java, And HTML. There is a free version of it and it's just drag and drop. Plenty or tutorials for it. You can also make Android and IOS apps with it also. Go to YoYoGames.com, very easy to use. 

No they aren't the easiest to start with, desktop games are. Try out GameMaker, I started there 4 years ago now I code in C#, C++, Java, And HTML. There is a free version of it and it's just drag and drop. Plenty or tutorials for it. You can also make Android and IOS apps with it also. Go to YoYoGames.com, very easy to use. 

Can you actually code the game on those or is it just kinda like drag and drop as you said? Also any good resources for c++ that you recommend?

Can you actually code the game on those or is it just kinda like drag and drop as you said? Also any good resources for c++ that you recommend?

You can Code with GameMaker that comes along with getting more advanced. I picked up a copy of C++ for Dummies, and now I am fluent in it, it just takes time.

You can Code with GameMaker that comes along with getting more advanced. I picked up a copy of C++ for Dummies, and now I am fluent in it, it just takes time.

Ya I mean I don't expect to be a pro in a day, I'm just wondering if theres anything like code academy that makes c++ that easy.

You can't make C++ easy to learn but have a wack at code academy for C++, It just might be your best bet. Everything else is kinda dodgy