School laptop

Hi!

I'm in need of a new school computer. I need a durable laptop that will last for 5 years. My budget is around $600-$700. 

Do you have any suggestion for what I could buy?

Thanks in advance!

I know not the best but look for something with a decent CPU and APU, trust me it hurts more to not have enough to game than to have and not use the power

Depending on what you use it for, Chromebook are a surprisingly good option. While most people dismiss them automatically, one around $400-$500 is usually a decent performing machine with good build quality. One other thing is to look at used or refurbished models. They can be much cheaper (no matter what laptop) and offer nearly the same experience as a new one. 

Just now, cflanders said:

Depending on what you use it for, Chromebook are a surprisingly good option. While most people dismiss them automatically, one around $400-$500 is usually a decent performing machine with good build quality. One other thing is to look at used or refurbished models. They can be much cheaper (no matter what laptop) and offer nearly the same experience as a new one. 

Yeah, but chromebooks are a lot like linux (not really) because many application that would work on windows wont work on chromeos, so if if theres a sketching program for windows that you wont find on chromeos you would need a substitute that wont be that good. If youre going for a chromebook I think you should rather get a 5 year old laptop and upgrade to the top tier cpu available, or get a cheap laprop that you can multiple boot.

12 hours ago, robeng said:

a durable laptop that will last for 5 years. My budget is around $600-$700

You need to bump up budget in order to get something durable like Thinkpad T series. Or go used/refurbished

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128