AAA Games help

Modernworld47

Okay for the average gamer this will sound dumb, but what is a AAA title in gaming and what are some examples. I am building a budget PC and can't seem to get what this means. Please respond, it would mean a lot!

High rating/high budget/high production value games.  Witcher 3, Battlefield/Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, GTA, Assassin's Creed etc etc

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

AAA means it was made by a big name publisher with tons of cash/assets/workers etc... the opposite to AAA is indie what is usually a group of a few people making a game

so AAA is like Bethesda, sony, gearbox,nintendo  the ones that have million dollar advertising and booths at E3 and all that jazz. 

"High rating/high budget/high production value games.  Witcher 3, Battlefield/Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, GTA, Assassin's Creed etc etc"

Thanks dude 

5 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

High rating/high budget/high production value games.  Witcher 3, Battlefield/Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, GTA, Assassin's Creed etc etc

ehh well technicality witcher 3 is a indie tittle. it was made by CD Projekt who is a indie group as in they came up them self with no deals or help from already established companies  and even with their 700 employees (started with 15) they still are are indie group and are called one.

5 minutes ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

ehh well technicality witcher 3 is a indie tittle. it was made by CD Projekt who is a indie group as in they came up them self with no deals or help from already established companies  and even with their 700 employees (started with 15) they still are are indie group and are called one.

That's not what indie means at all.  Do you call Blizzard an indie company?  They don't get help from any other companies.  Or maybe you meant an indie company has no parent company?  CD Projekt Red is owned by CD Projekt which also owns GoG.com and various other businesses.  Being a AAA game just means it has high production values and a high budget, which both fit W3.

16 minutes ago, Modernworld47 said:

\

For me it refers to games that use an engine that can really hammer GPUs, and CPUs to a lesser extent.

Mostly from big budget studios.

What's your budget/country for the PC?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

14 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

That's not what indie means at all.  Do you call Blizzard an indie company?  They don't get help from any other companies.  Or maybe you meant an indie company has no parent company?  CD Projekt Red is owned by CD Projekt which also owns GoG.com and various other businesses.  Being a AAA game just means it has high production values and a high budget, which both fit W3.

okay well i see they are no longer indie as they get funds from the goverment, but before all that they where indie, sucks to see people sell thier soul. oh well TW3 was shitty anywas so i didnt care probably becase of going away from indie is why the first one is better 

but yes Indie means Independent  and Independent  means with no help from others. your mind is probably blown huh. 

7 hours ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

okay well i see they are no longer indie as they get funds from the goverment, but before all that they where indie, sucks to see people sell thier soul. oh well TW3 was shitty anywas so i didnt care probably becase of going away from indie is why the first one is better 

but yes Indie means Independent  and Independent  means with no help from others. your mind is probably blown huh. 

Indie means independent, but it is used differently in game development.  By your literal definition, Blizzard is also indie cos they don't get financial help from anyone.  And if you think TW3 was shitty, well then we have nothing else to talk about.  It's clear your own tastes in gaming is "indie", outside mainstream as TW3 is likely the most positively awarded game of all time.

image.png.02c5d3c12670008278caf292f05a32b1.png

3 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Indie means independent, but it is used differently in game development.  By your literal definition, Blizzard is also indie cos they don't get financial help from anyone.  And if you think TW3 was shitty, well then we have nothing else to talk about.  It's clear your own tastes in gaming is "indie", outside mainstream as TW3 is likely the most positively awarded game of all time.

There's a company called Activison - Blizzard, they're hardly indie LOL

14 hours ago, Samfisher said:

7 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Blizzard is owned by Activision. They haven't been indie since mid 2000s. I wouldn't call CD Projekt RED indie either as Witcher is mainstream game. Minecraft is prime example of indie game. FEZ is another.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, GitGud said:

There's a company called Activison - Blizzard, they're hardly indie LOL

And neither is CDPR, which is my point.

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Blizzard is owned by Activision. They haven't been indie since mid 2000s. I wouldn't call CD Projekt RED indie either as Witcher is mainstream game. Minecraft is prime example of indie game. FEZ is another.

No they're not, they are owned by Activision Blizzard, not Activision.  Just like how CDPR is owned by CDP.  That does not make CDPR an indie company, which is exactly my point.  I never made the claim that they were indie.

13 hours ago, Samfisher said:

And neither is CDPR, which is my point.

Theyre not indie sure, but theyre their own company, not owned by bigger scum like EA, Activison, Ubisoft etc, they have full creative freedom

1 hour ago, GitGud said:

Theyre not indie sure, but theyre their own company, not owned by bigger scum like EA, Activison, Ubisoft etc, they have full creative freedom

And so does Blizzard.  The issue is not whether who has creative freedom etc, the issue is RoyalGamer's definition of indie.

6 hours ago, Samfisher said:

And so does Blizzard.  The issue is not whether who has creative freedom etc, the issue is RoyalGamer's definition of indie.

But Blizzard is not indie, theyre unified with Activision. Both have the same shareholders.

12 hours ago, GitGud said:

But Blizzard is not indie, theyre unified with Activision. Both have the same shareholders.

I never said Blizzard was indie... I said if going by RoyalGamer's logic where a company is owned by another company, then their claim of CDPR being indie is also not true.  CDPR is owned by CDP.  Blizzard is owned by Activision Blizzard.  Neither is indie, that is my point.  RoyalGamer's point is that CDPR is indie.  Which they aren't.