Data lost?

MrRemnant

I turned on my pc to a blue screen telling me that there was a problem and it was gathering data before restarting. When it booted up after the restart, CSGO, PUBG and rainbow six siege had been uninstalled. I’m redownloading them now, but is there any way to find if I lost more data/ any potential problems? Thanks. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

9 minutes ago, HK - 47 said:

I turned on my pc to a blue screen telling me that there was a problem and it was gathering data before restarting. When it booted up after the restart, CSGO, PUBG and rainbow six siege had been uninstalled. I’m redownloading them now, but is there any way to find if I lost more data/ any potential problems? Thanks. 

If you are certain they are gone, it's probably some bad sectors on the drive where they were, and Windows decided to ignore those sectors.

I'd run a hard drive check by the manufacturer of said drive and see what gives.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Correction:

Have you checked to see if it was just the icons that were missing and the folders are still there, or if in fact they are entirely gone?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Correction:

Have you checked to see if it was just the icons that were missing and the folders are still there, or if in fact they are entirely gone?

They were shown as uninstalled on steam, and when starting the install, steam searched for existing files and didn’t find any. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

Just now, HK - 47 said:

They were shown as uninstalled on steam, and when starting the install, steam searched for existing files and didn’t find any. 

Nevermind what steam says, did you go to the directory where they are installed, and see what's there?

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Nevermind what steam says, did you go to the directory where they are installed, and see what's there?

Pubg and CSGO yes, rainbow 6 no. 

Though it also shows games I’ve uninstalled there and have to reinstall on steam. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

2 hours ago, HK - 47 said:

Pubg and CSGO yes, rainbow 6 no. 

Though it also shows games I’ve uninstalled there and have to reinstall on steam. 

Sounds like Windows got it's restore points partially corrupted. Have you checked the hard drive with the manufacturer tools yet?

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like Windows got it's restore points partially corrupted. Have you checked the hard drive with the manufacturer tools yet?

No. What do I do?

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

26 minutes ago, HK - 47 said:

No. What do I do?

Who makes your hard drive?

Do a google search for their drive tools.

For example, if your drive is made by Seagate, you'd go get Seagate's Sea Tools, and check the drive health with that.

Western Digital makes one called WDDiag, and so forth

50 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

For example, if your drive is made by Seagate, you'd go get Seagate's Sea Tools, and check the drive health with that.

Ok. Thx. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

wddiag should work for most non-wd drives too.. if it is your boot drive,  just download a bootable image and boot from that.. if it passes the quick scan, run the full scan after. it will take some time to do a full scan. 

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU