Simple, probably asked before...

Linksys120n

I have 2 monitors one old one new, Both 1080p. One is 60hz. the other is 144hz. I know I can have them set up side by side, that's a no brainer. But can I has 144hz on the one meant for that speed? can I also has an overclock on the other at 72hz? (I've done the OC before, it's stable)

derp

If you own a civic and a ferrari, the civic will not get any faster. You can hook them both up, but they will both run at their respective refresh rates; one at 60hz and one at 144hz. You however shouldn't have an issue overclocking one to make it a little faster.

Im not sure if you are asking if you can run one at 60hz and the other at 144hz or if you thought you have to run them both at 60hz. They don't link like GPUs or anything, and can operate independently.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

If you own a civic and a ferrari, the civic will not get any faster. You can hook them both up, but they will both run at their respective refresh rates; one at 60hz and one at 144hz. You however shouldn't have an issue overclocking one to make it a little faster.

But the ferrari won't have to slow down to "match speeds" with the civic?

derp

1 minute ago, Linksys120n said:

But the ferrari won't have to slow down to "match speeds" with the civic?

nope, I edited my post thinking you'd ask. They can operate independently. I have a friend running 3 1080p displays, side ones are 60hz for windows, middle one is 144hz for gaming for example. You can actually see the smoothness in his mouse change as he passes it across his monitors.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

2 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

nope, I edited my post thinking you'd ask. They can operate independently. I have a friend running 3 1080p displays, side ones are 60hz for windows, middle one is 144hz for gaming for example.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vqkrr6 Is the rig I'm building it's a forced upgrade from my sig because something fried on the old one and it wont boot anymore...

Can't change parts I just bought them today and amazon says they shipped...

I didn't list the 2nd monitor cuz I'm not entirely sure I can find it on the site.

derp

1 hour ago, Linksys120n said:

I have 2 monitors one old one new, Both 1080p. One is 60hz. the other is 144hz. I know I can have them set up side by side, that's a no brainer. But can I has 144hz on the one meant for that speed? can I also has an overclock on the other at 72hz? (I've done the OC before, it's stable)

If you're asking if you can set your monitors to different refresh rates, yes, they don't have to be set to the same.