bottleneck or does it work

Psychowolff

i have a a question it it a bottleneck or does it work i wanna build i dont know if it works

cpu = amd fx 6300

mobo = gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 rev 6.0

gpu = gigabyte aorus 1060 6gb ( not build in yet because no screen)

gpu = gigabyte 1050ti (build in right now) 

ram = unkown 8 gb 1333 mhz ddr3

ssd  = crucial 275 gb

psu 500

sorry for my bad english

Edited by Psychowolff

Just now, Psychowolff said:

i have a a question it it a bottleneck or does it work i wanna build i dont know if it works

cpu = fx 6300

mobo = gigabyte 78lmt-usb3

gpu = gigabyte aorus 1060 6gb ( notbuild in yet because no screen)

ram = 16 gb

psu 500

im using a gtx 1060 6gb with a phenom x6 1090t and it runs fine for most games - overwatch, fortnite, csgo, the division, Destiny 2, GTA5 and Mass Effect andromeda all run great on high settings 60fps

only certain games i struggle with like bf1 and just cause 3 , have to play at low-medium to get 60fps

Photography / Finance / Gaming

You will need to make sure if the specific revision of that motherboard supports an FX cpu, gigabyte likes to release different skys of the same model 

and make sure you have a good psu because these old amd chips consume too much power and kick out a fiar bit of heat, 

i would personally not go with that motherboard, its VRM does not look sufficient 

Photography / Finance / Gaming

The 6300 will hold the 1060's performance back in many games but not so much that it wouldn't work.

Can you be more specific with the specs?

Please read: 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i had that motherbord because it was in sale but why get i no screen ?

and thx for responding

14 minutes ago, mok said:

im using a gtx 1060 6gb with a phenom x6 1090t and it runs fine for most games - overwatch, fortnite, csgo, the division, Destiny 2, GTA5 and Mass Effect andromeda all run great on high settings 60fps

only certain games i struggle with like bf1 and just cause 3 , have to play at low-medium to get 60fps

but why is dont have a screen ? low psu ?

9 minutes ago, Psychowolff said:

i had that motherbord because it was in sale but why get i no screen ?

and thx for responding

Please be more specific with the model names. What are your specs and what have you tried so far? What symptoms are you seeing? Do any fans or drives spin up? Any lights?

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Please be more specific with the model names. What are your specs and what have you tried so far? 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

this is the only specs that is tried so far and thanks for the tip sorry im new at here and on forums

and light on the gpu are lighting and fans are spinning

Edited by Psychowolff

22 minutes ago, mok said:

You will need to make sure if the specific revision of that motherboard supports an FX cpu, gigabyte likes to release different skys of the same model 

and make sure you have a good psu because these old amd chips consume too much power and kick out a fiar bit of heat, 

i would personally not go with that motherboard, its VRM does not look sufficient 

but it works fine with 1050ti and i dont overclock to much basic speed is 4.2 mhz on auto voltage

but is dont know why it dont work with 1060 6gb its saids with 6 please power down and connect the pcie power cable for this gpu then i put the 8pins then nothing happening

2 minutes ago, Psychowolff said:

but it works fine with 1050ti and i dont overclock to much basic speed is 4.2 mhz on auto voltage

but is dont know why it dont work with 1060 6gb its saids with 6 please power down and connect the pcie power cable for this gpu then i put the 8pins then nothing happening

Make sure that the pcie power connectors are completely plugged into the graphics card. It might take a bit of force.

What psu do you have? If you're not sure, try to find a sticker with the model name on the unit or posts photos of it.

Moved to Troubleshooting.

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Make sure that the pcie power connectors are completely plugged into the graphics card. It might take a bit of force.

What psu do you have? If you're not sure, try to find a sticker with the model name on the unit or posts photos of it.

Moved to Troubleshooting.

IMG_20180502_030818.thumb.jpg.addb5a796493731301969004b94b8444.jpg

Have you double checked to make sure that the pcie power plugs are fully inserted? It's also a good idea to check and see if any of the pins might have slipped out of the plastic connector housing.