Looking for headphones/mic for gaming.

Hey guys! Finally decided to switch from gaming headsets to headphones. Looking to spend under $200 for the headphones and need a microphone. Would prefer open back. Thanks!

The Blue Snowball is actually a really good all-around high quality Microphone for any use and they are about fifty bucks (less if you want to go refurbished) on Amazon. You don't have to talk right into it you can leave it several feet away even and it will pick up voice great and can be mapped to a PTT key. I use mine for any kind of audio recording or voice transmission on my computer.Snowball.png.b4b7362369ecdd20b11082daf988da49.png

AD700X or AD900X (Ad900x for more bass)

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

10 hours ago, JPStone said:

The Blue Snowball is actually a really good all-around high quality Microphone for any use and they are about fifty bucks (less if you want to go refurbished) on Amazon. You don't have to talk right into it you can leave it several feet away even and it will pick up voice great and can be mapped to a PTT key. I use mine for any kind of audio recording or voice transmission on my computer.Snowball.png.b4b7362369ecdd20b11082daf988da49.png

The blue snowball is a very good Mic.

Personally I went for a pair of DT990 pro's and a fiio e10k to power them. the DT990's are about $130-180, the snowball $45, and the fiio about $60.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

- snip-

Well, I'll toss the ModMic into the ring :) - if you don't want a desktop mic taking up all that space or want to do things where you move around a lot (or have background noise).

For the headphones... sadly there isnt enough info for me to say "get this" but open back at the 150 ish dollar range tends to be something like a Sennheiser 558/559 or AKG 7 series (702, 7xx, etc) or even the Beyerdynamic DT990 if you want that V shape sound. AD700 and 900x are also solid choices too.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!