GM501

Why play CSGO with this laptop, even MX150 will run fine

If you're buying a laptop, may I know what's your budget? What are your requirements?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Actually I’m gonna play pubg, r6 and gta v on it but I’m just finding out how well it would handle cs go and how high the temps would be when playing games like pubg 

My budget is around 2200 and I’m just trying to find a gaming laptop with the size of a ultrabook and preferably a gtx 1070

28 minutes ago, CancerousNinja said:

My budget is around 2200 and I’m just trying to find a gaming laptop with the size of a ultrabook and preferably a gtx 1070

You'll be fine with a 1060 or 1070MQ. Clevo P950EP6/P950ER, Asus Zephyrus M (up to full blown 1070N GPU), MSI GE Raider (CFL-H), MSI GS-VR (CFL-H) and even Mechrevo Z2 are some of the good options. Mind you, every thin gaming laptop will have worse thermals (hotter inner temps+surface temps and louder fan noise under load) and throttling issue under full load due to thin profile.

Also, where are you from? Is battery life important to you? Is portability really necessary to you?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

2 hours of battery will be fine and I’m very fond of the Optimus tech on the zephyrus m and I’m from Malaysia

Well I’ve seen people doing benchmarks on the zephyrus m and it doesn’t have to deal with real throttling (just dropping a bit from turbo)

1 hour ago, CancerousNinja said:

I’m from Malaysia

Get Illegear Onyx (Mechrevo Z2). Good cooling and build quality. Cheaper than 'big brand' laptop

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

But that thing only has a single usb c that doesn’t even support thunderbolt 3, I need at least 4 usb type a

Oh yea and I’m not buying the laptop online, and I don’t think they sell that brand here

33 minutes ago, CancerousNinja said:

and I don’t think they sell that brand here

Illegear has a physical shop. Google it.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, CancerousNinja said:

Anybody has it now? Can you tell me how well it handles temps?

See Notebookcheck review

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, CancerousNinja said:

Just preordered the gm501 at a shop

I was pre-ordered 1 too just now, which gpu have u chosen?

7 hours ago, CancerousNinja said:

ok thanks btw anyone tried undervolting the i7-8750h yet?

Try it yourself. Every chip is made different

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

15 hours ago, CancerousNinja said:

ok thanks btw anyone tried undervolting the i7-8750h yet?

Not yet as it's still new. Experiment and report back. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I bought the gtx 1070 version hby?

Mine arrives at the third week of May 

can’t waittttt 

Notebook review says that the cpu stays at 88c on maximum load whilst the gpu stays at 80c on a 60min stress test

Glad I bought the gm501 instead of the gs65 and aero 15x, those laptop’s throttles a lot 

11 minutes ago, CancerousNinja said:

Notebook review says that the cpu stays at 88c on maximum load whilst the gpu stays at 80c on a 60min stress test

When reading stress test section in NBC review, pls don't just read the temps. If you notice carefully you will see the CPU and GPU are throttled for quite a noticeable amount.

Every thin gaming laptop will throttle under full load. Thermodynamics is there.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler