Is anybody else using the Quadro P5000 for video editing?

Ripper7620

I'm using one in a build in combination with the Threadripper 1950X, and the machine is just a rendering beast. I started out with a EVGA 1080Ti Black edition, and there's no comparison between the two.

I use my phone. Snapdragon 835 Octacore and 4GB Ram. Oo and I got the most used Adreno 540. In other words I do not use the P5000 for editing.

The geek himself.

38 minutes ago, Ripper7620 said:

I'm using one in a build in combination with the Threadripper 1950X, and the machine is just a rendering beast. I started out with a EVGA 1080Ti Black edition, and there's no comparison between the two.

Should put a side by side up on youtube.

But I wouldn't think there'd be a major difference between consumer and workstation cards in adobe software.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Should put a side by side up on youtube.

But I wouldn't think there'd be a major difference between consumer and workstation cards in adobe software.

I don't have the 1080Ti anymore, I put it in my friend's computer, never the less, my internet is too slow where I live to upload, so I just save to hard disk, and portable SSD. The difference in rendering speed and quality however is awesome.

6 minutes ago, Ripper7620 said:

I don't have the 1080Ti anymore, I put it in my friend's computer, never the less, my internet is too slow where I live to upload, so I just save to hard disk, and portable SSD. The difference in rendering speed and quality however is awesome.

Are you sure nothing else changed? Puget doesn't show any major difference between the titan Xp and Quadros here

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-NVIDIA-Quadro-Pascal-Performance-938/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Are you sure nothing else changed? Puget doesn't show any major difference between the titan Xp and Quadros here

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-NVIDIA-Quadro-Pascal-Performance-938/

I can't speak to the XP, but I am absolutely happy that I went with the Quadro, not just for what I'm currently doing, but for more specialized applications in the future, as I expand my horizons. With the Quadro, I know I'm covered, and upgrading won't likely be needed.