Torrents not seeding?

I have no problem downloading, there's usually plenty of bandwidth (luckily) but when the download is done most torrent don't seed as much, sometimes staying very low in upload speed despite having a very good internet connection that could upload much faster. Why is that?

Before I can answer, What specifically are you torrenting? I do not believe that you cannot talk about Piracy here on the LTT forums. If you are downloading something illegally, I will have to tell a moderator to shut down this thread if talk about piracy is not allowed here.

yes I know it isn't allowed. What difference does it make anyway, I made a question about how p2p works, indipendently of what one might use it for.

The way system works is that other downloaders will use pieces they get from your upload. If there aren't any downloaders, you don't have pieces they are missing or there are too many others in your "group" (my knowledge on this part is limited, I think it goes location-wise) seeding as well. Also your upload speed and if your ISP happens to have some blocking on upload.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv