Phishing Websites

sof006

So recently i've been getting a lot of fake emails off people who claim to be Apple. The dead give away is the horrible grammar and spelling used throughout the email. Also the link they provide which takes me to site that does not let you do anything but type in your information.

So just before I decided to mess them about a fill out their information boxes with stupid nonsense information. However when it came to the Credit Card information the autofill box popped up, now naturally I ignored this and didn't autofill my info and typed in something random. I am concerned however, is it possible that they could have still seen my info even though I didn't select the autofill prompt. Obviously I doubt this otherwise this would be a huge design flaw in most modern browsers. Just a query however, I do believe I am fine however just wondering.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 minute ago, sof006 said:

So recently i've been getting a lot of fake emails off people who claim to be Apple. The dead give away is the horrible grammar and spelling used throughout the email. Also the link they provide which takes me to site that does not let you do anything but type in your information.

So just before I decided to mess them about a fill out their information boxes with stupid nonsense information. However when it came to the Credit Card information the autofill box popped up, now naturally I ignored this and didn't autofill my info and typed in something random. I am concerned however, is it possible that they could have still seen my info even though I didn't select the autofill prompt. Obviously I doubt this otherwise this would be a huge design flaw in most modern browsers. Just a query however, I do believe I am fine however just wondering.

It is possible, and it has been done before. Next time copy the link and open a private tab before you do this.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

It is possible, and it has been done before. Next time copy the link and open a private tab before you do this.

Then again it also isn't unheard of for these websites to have viruses.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 minutes ago, sof006 said:

I highly doubt they can get your cc information by just that and plus they’re normally very unprofessional and fish for people that are bad or new to tech but I’d recommend ignoring and blocking these mails instead of messing with them

Try to replicate the scenario. Nevermind. "Normal" "standard" html websites generally don't see any info before info is sent. With newer stuff it's hard to tell though.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

7 minutes ago, sof006 said:

I am concerned however, is it possible that they could have still seen my info even though I didn't select the autofill prompt. Obviously I doubt this otherwise this would be a huge design flaw in most modern browsers. Just a query however, I do believe I am fine however just wondering.

It's hard to know just from this information, just watch out for credit card activity that isn't yours.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

I highly doubt they can get your cc information by just that and plus they’re normally very unprofessional and fish for people that are bad or new to tech but I’d recommend ignoring and blocking these mails instead of messing with them

It certainly does require some advanced programming knowledge but it isn't unheard of

I guess i'm probably okay, I didn't enter any CVV code or even click the auto fill prompt. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 minute ago, sof006 said:

I guess i'm probably okay, I didn't enter any CVV code or even click the auto fill prompt. 

Yea, you should be fine then. As long as nothing was entered, you shouldn't have a problem.

Send the links to people that mess with fake tech support on YouTube. The 12~ A+ certified people that think it’s funny will get a kick out of it.