Recommendations for laptop

Hi, I am looking for a new laptop for file managing, playing music and other light load work. I need either an i5 or an i7 (i5 should be sufficient) and 8gb of ram and 2-4TB of storage. If anyone has good recommendations between $500-$1000 i'd like to see them because rn this opens the door to so many models that I don't know where to start looking

I am also considering getting a big external Hard Drive because from the little research I have done, no on really makes a laptop with more than 1TB of storage. Because of that, I am starting to consider a macbook air due to its robustness in OS and because it has all the ports I need, but I could also get something similar for about half the price on windows. Stil looking

right now I am looking at the DELL XPSs and they seem really good but are at the same price as the Macbook air, any reasons to choose one over the other????? Also i'd be using iTunes a lot

As i can see, all XPSs are using LPDDR3 RAM and none of them have 2-4TB internal storage.

Macbooks are good too, but I personaly like windows and linux more than MAC OS.

1 hour ago, gnaby2 said:

right now I am looking at the DELL XPSs and they seem really good but are at the same price as the Macbook air, any reasons to choose one over the other????? Also i'd be using iTunes a lot

Macbooks Airs are outdated garbage. The screens haven't been updated since they've been released, which has been a LONG TIME.  They're impossible to fix yourself, they don't have the same aesthetic as the rest of the Macbooks, and they aren't useful for anything except typing out documents and such.

Get an XPS.

Where are you from?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

On 25/04/2018 at 4:13 PM, ZM Fong said:

Where are you from?

huh? why is that relevant to the subject at hand?

19 minutes ago, gnaby2 said:

huh? why is that relevant to the subject at hand?

Different regions have different models and pricing