steam keeps re-downloading the game

I have a slow internet connection and I was downloading PUBG coz somehow the files went missing from my pc, so I started downloading at night and in the morning it was halfway through everything was fine so I paused the download and went to school and when I came back and resumed the download it started form 150kb. I was so fucking annoyed. But I started the download again but same shit keeps on happening again and again. Someone, please help me........

Steam should not be deleting the files when you pause it. you will definitely lose any files that are partially downloaded, but that's definitely not enough to make it start over. Perhaps Steam is simply not scanning the install location to check how much is downloaded. I'm not going to recommend anything here because i've never heard of this issue, so maybe someone else can chime in. Very strange indeed.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

When you close off steam the progress bar goes back to zero

doesn't mean your downloading from 0

and that amount is the amount of what you download currently, steam doesn't keep track what you've downloaded earlier.

it's not redownloading whole game, it's only downloading files from earlier setup.

With that very slow speed, honestly I don't think you'll enjoy online games specially pubg.

it clearly says "downloaded 150 kb / 13 GB" . 13 GB is the actual size of the game. which clearly means that it is downloading from 0