Arma 3 help

That-Guy-From-Detroit

I have a FX8350 @ 4.2 Asrock 990FX Extreme 3 16gb crucial ballistix sport ddr3 1600 SLi GTX260 216's < yea i know. And a  WD 10k rpm. On all low settings. As low as they can go I get around 15 fps average. What can be done with what i have?

8 minutes ago, Zig-Zag-OCN said:

I have a FX8350 @ 4.2 Asrock 990FX Extreme 3 16gb crucial ballistix sport ddr3 1600 SLi GTX260 216's < yea i know. And a  WD 10k rpm. On all low settings. As low as they can go I get around 15 fps average. What can be done with what i have?

Your only option is to upgrade. You’d have trouble playing Minecraft on that lol.

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

Your only option is to upgrade. You’d have trouble playing Minecraft on that lol.

Just now, Zig-Zag-OCN said:

1280x720

What other then video?

Is this in Single player or multiplayer?

An under powered MP host server can tank your FPS

Your PC is definitely on the minimum required to run side and should be upgraded for Arma but that might not be an option.

Make sure you aren't running any mods

Make sure you not running anything unnecessary in the background

Start at 720P

All setting low

No AA

No PIP

View Distance to minimum

Test on an empty map in the editor and see what FPS you get

if it's better slowly up your settings and test again

Also try disabling SLI and see if that makes a difference. SLI was very buggy for me in Arma 3 so I went back to single card.

You could also try the CUP Terrain mod and play on the old Arma 1 or 2 maps as those usually give much higher fps

Arma games are known to be totally unoptimized.  The engine for the games is terrible.  Poor performance is common for many no matter the hardware.

1 hour ago, ImNotDeViLzzz said:

Arma games are known to be totally unoptimized.  The engine for the games is terrible.  Poor performance is common for many no matter the hardware.

Yea I know iv been a arma player from ArmA lol. And yes it is that bad in SP with everything as low as it can go @ 1366x768.

Hmm,

Can you take a look at your CPU and GPU utilization and clock speeds while playing and see if anything is maxed or under clocked?

Also did you try disabling the SLI before playing?

Well last night was a bad one i lost both of the 260's. Had a dead gtx 650 that got the oven treatment and it's back lol. Soooo now would it be worth it to go with 2 gtx 550ti's in sli?

Try Cold War assault. It’s the first arma game made when the series was called operation flashpoint. 

Realistically it’s the only viable option aside from upgrading your graphics. 

7 minutes ago, Zig-Zag-OCN said:

Cold War assault is the only one i don't own lol.

Cold War assault doesn’t have stamina. It’s imo the best because you only get like 2 guns to choose from. It boils everything down to only what’s needed in a Milsim. Also your character doesn’t have asthma. 

Ps quote me to get replies.

edit:

dont turn your graphics to max on it or it’ll never work again. 

8 hours ago, Zig-Zag-OCN said:

Well last night was a bad one i lost both of the 260's. Had a dead gtx 650 that got the oven treatment and it's back lol. Soooo now would it be worth it to go with 2 gtx 550ti's in sli?

If you already have the cards then it can't hurt at this point. I'd try one fist and see how it likes that and then add the 2nd and try SLI.

If not, keep your eyes out for a deal on a used 750 ti, 760, or 950. all should be found under $100 if you need to be budget conscious and be at least as good if not better then SLIing those cards.

A new PC with a Ryzen or intel cpu and current mid range GPU would still be a better bet if it's in the cards. Arma does love a faster CPU 

17 hours ago, trufret said:

If you already have the cards then it can't hurt at this point. I'd try one fist and see how it likes that and then add the 2nd and try SLI.

If not, keep your eyes out for a deal on a used 750 ti, 760, or 950. all should be found under $100 if you need to be budget conscious and be at least as good if not better then SLIing those cards.

A new PC with a Ryzen or intel cpu and current mid range GPU would still be a better bet if it's in the cards. Arma does love a faster CPU 

Yea I was looking at 2 550's for like $50 for both shipped. And i run my 8350 at 4.5 24/7 but I needs a better cooler. I wish i had the $800 for a new build!

13 minutes ago, Zig-Zag-OCN said:

Yea I was looking at 2 550's for like $50 for both shipped. And i run my 8350 at 4.5 24/7 but I needs a better cooler. I wish i had the $800 for a new build!

Why don’t you get a 750 at that price point? 

On 4/28/2018 at 1:37 AM, Zig-Zag-OCN said:

If you have to buy cards, I would look at a used 750ti at the very least if not a used 950.