Cant find a 19 pin Splitter anywhere!

unknown.png

That is a 19pin usb 3.0 header.. thats what you would have and i have on my pc case to plug into my motherboard for 2 usb 3.0 plugs.. i have 6 5.25" Bays and filled 5 of them.. one of which has 2 more usb 3.0 plugs.. my motherboard only has one of these 19pin headers tho!

when i look up a usb 3.0 splitter cable i get these

51j5pyRWBFL._SL1001_.jpg

For internal usbs.. can someone link me to a splitter of from 1 to 2 19 pin headers so i can plug in my last 2 usb 3.0 plugs? i cant find one anywhere

thanks

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

4 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

-SNIP-

They make splitters such as these but you cannot use all four USB 3.0 ports at once, only two at a time. If you are wanting to expand the number of available ports you will need a USB 3.0 expansion card. 

https://www.moddiy.com/products/20%2dPin-USB-3.0-Internal-Header-Y-Splitter-Cable-(12cm).html

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=439&area=en

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

1 minute ago, W-L said:

They make splitters such as these but you cannot use all four USB 3.0 ports at once, only two at a time. If you are wanting to expand the number of available ports you will need a USB 3.0 expansion card. 

https://www.moddiy.com/products/20%2dPin-USB-3.0-Internal-Header-Y-Splitter-Cable-(12cm).html

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=439&area=en

so your saying what 

ShadySocks gave me will not work to add the other plug to my motherboard? and id have to buy something like that usb 3.0 card? if thats true why would that plug exist

right now i have 11 usbs on the back, 1 inside and 10 on the front.. it would just bug me to hell to have 2 usb 3.0 plugs on the front randomly not working

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

so your saying what 

ShadySocks gave me will not work to add the other plug to my motherboard? and id have to buy something like that usb 3.0 card? if thats true why would that plug exist

Correct you cannot use all 4 ports at once. That splitter is only for allowing one or the other, cause it doesn't have any processing to determine which device is connected.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Correct you cannot use all 4 ports at once. That splitter is only for allowing one or the other, cause it doesn't have any processing to determine which device is connected.

so basicly i could just pick 2 random ports out of the 4 (or 1 from each cable) but cant use all 4? so basicly  if i buy http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=439&area=en i would be able to plug it in there and use it fine? 

i dont need any more external plugs.. acording to amazon that silverstone item https://smile.amazon.com/Silverstone-External-Internal-Connector-EC04-P/dp/B00H45K37Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524366230&sr=8-1&keywords=SST-EC04-E&th=1 cost 29.99 for it with a sata or molex power.. is it possible you could find one a bit cheaper? i already just built the pc for 1.5K im not looking to spend a crap load more rn

wait what

i think you mean..

since you can have 2 USB 3.0 ports on a pc, and put a hub taking 1 usb 3.0 to 4 usb 3.0, i could get the plug i showed in my origional post, split those 2 usbs into the 20 pin and plug  everything in? thats going against what W-L said basicly.. i dont think that would work

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

so basicly i could just pick 2 random ports out of the 4 (or 1 from each cable) but cant use all 4? so basicly  if i buy http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=439&area=en i would be able to plug it in there and use it fine? 

i dont need any more external plugs.. acording to amazon that silverstone item https://smile.amazon.com/Silverstone-External-Internal-Connector-EC04-P/dp/B00H45K37Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1524366230&sr=8-1&keywords=SST-EC04-E&th=1 cost 29.99 for it with a sata or molex power.. is it possible you could find one a bit cheaper? i already just built the pc for 1.5K im not looking to spend a crap load more rn

Yes with the expansion card you can plug in all 4 and have them all function as intended. Also it looks like someone has made an internal USB3.0 hub similar to the NZXT unit for USB 2.0.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-port-Internal-Controller-HB-INTR/dp/B0794V75LB/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1524366531&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/Nzxt-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01IFGFTJ2&pd_rd_r=P0N6M8905TTEVX6516TQ&pd_rd_w=0Kr3V&pd_rd_wg=y2Cbm&psc=1&refRID=P0N6M8905TTEVX6516TQ

1 minute ago, W-L said:

ah yes, i remember seeing those internal hubs now

i cant seem to tell  tho

what is that plug?

image.png.c505ed0d9b89aa43473d0e47b78b80c5.png

ah yes, i remember seeing those internal hubs now

i cant seem to tell  tho

what is that plug?

Sata power, it's needed for so many plugs and devices. 

Just now, Pangea2017 said:

you take the 20 pin and make a type a from it. The next part is a normal type a usb hub. Now you bundle two of the typ a usb ports to one 20 pin. This done again with 2 more type a ports.

Do you get how this works?

no.. you lost me with your first reply xD

Just now, W-L said:

ah ok i couldnt tell..

so basicly its gonna be about 30 bucks either way ic choose

id prefer not to take up a pcie express slot incase i want to use it in the future.. so id go with the internal hub

14 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

This would be still a gigantic mess of cables but only cost $5.

links to everything i would need? i havent organized the cables in my pc yet since i just built it so i wouldnt mind managing those cables along with the others

58 minutes ago, W-L said:

also, if thats basicly a splitter for the 20 pin plug, why cant i jjust use that Y splitter

also, if thats basicly a splitter for the 20 pin plug, why cant i jjust use that Y splitter

It's not a splitter it's an internal hub, there is processing and circuity for a hub that determines which sent and receives what data. The same as how an external USB hub works just for internal connections. 

11 minutes ago, W-L said:

It's not a splitter it's an internal hub, there is processing and circuity for a hub that determines which sent and receives what data. The same as how an external USB hub works just for internal connections. 

so all i need is a sata power and a 20 pin plug on my motherboard to get 4 20pins and 2 usb 3.0? alright im gonnahave to get an internal hub soon then

3 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

so all i need is a sata power and a 20 pin plug on my motherboard to get 4 20pins and 2 usb 3.0? alright im gonnahave to get an internal hub soon then

It will give three 20 pins and 2 regular USB 3.0, one is labeled as the input from the motherboard. 

1 hour ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

so your saying what 

Right. If you try to use two ports connected to the same side of the header at the same time, neither will work. As to why those are made? Darned if I know. maybe just to take your money? I would like to meet the moron who designed that, though.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

46 minutes ago, W-L said:

It will give three 20 pins and 2 regular USB 3.0, one is labeled as the input from the motherboard. 

ok guess ill get that soon then

33 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Right. If you try to use two ports connected to the same side of the header at the same time, neither will work. As to why those are made? Darned if I know. maybe just to take your money? I would like to meet the moron who designed that, though.

yeah kind of stupid