Brothers computer not turning on at all

MoonlightSylv

He said he was restarting it and it just doesn't turn on. I thought it was the PSU at first but when I used the paperclip test on it it turns on the fans (connected directly to PSU) so now I think it's the motherboard. 

No POST, no lights, nothing. Are we just going to have to replace the motherboard.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Is there like a tick noise when you try to turn it on? Also, just being able to turn on the fans means nothing except your PSU isn't entirely dead; I've had units that can power the fans and LEDs, but nothing else.

I think it could be motherboard, CPU, or power supply. Test all of these parts as individually as possible(PSUs can be tricky to troubleshoot).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Is there like a tick noise when you try to turn it on? Also, just being able to turn on the fans means nothing except your PSU isn't entirely dead; I've had units that can power the fans and LEDs, but nothing else.

I think it could be motherboard, CPU, or power supply. Test all of these parts as individually as possible(PSUs can be tricky to troubleshoot).

No noise

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

3 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

No noise

Hmm. Test each of the components I mentioned and see what that brings up.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The computer is probably gold deprived. Meaning that the computer doesn't have enough gold, you should probably add some gold of your ornaments or something. Melt it using a candle on to your GPU or RAM and that will get rid of the gold deprivation. YOu could also put 3-11 drops of alcohol or water or gold on it ass well.