GPU Problem

itoy912

Can someone help whats the best thing to do when a rat peed on your graphics card? My cousin gave me his gtx 750 but no display because of rat urine. What the best thing to do?

I am concerned for your cousin's living situation... maybe time to invest in a cat?

That said, you should strip the card and clean it thoroughly with denatured alcohol (a la rubbing alcohol); however, there's a high probability that the card is irreversibly damaged due to corrosion if it's been longer than 72 hours since the video card was exposed to the urine.

AMD ThreadRipper 2950X | ASUS Zenith Extreme | 4x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2933 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W P2 | Custom Rigid Watercooling

250GB Samsung 850 EVO | 500GB Crucial MM200 | 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 10

ASUS PG279Q 27" 1440p@165Hz | 2x Acer G276HLGbd 27" 1080p@60Hz | Avera 49EQX10 49" 2160p@60hz | HTC Vive 2x3.6" 1200p@90Hz

Edifier S2000 Pro | V-Moda Crossfade Wireless II | Schiit Modi + Magni

Logitech G900 | Das Keyboard Model S w/ Blank PBT Keys + Kailh Bronze Speed Switches | Logitech G920

Will lighter fluid work? Someone recommended me

95%+ rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush.

Its likely damaged beyond simple repair though.  Corrosion and, if it was on, damage to components on the board.

37 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

95%+ rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush.

Its likely damaged beyond simple repair though.  Corrosion and, if it was on, damage to components on the board.

Can you send a link tutorial?

You just pour the alcohol on and gently scrub the impacted area with the toothbrush.

Give the card 24hours before trying to use it if you use a lot of alcohol or the contamination covered a large area.