Will upgrade of ram increase fps in pubg?

I’m so sorry to spam you guys with tons of words especially my English is not good. I’m from Hong Kong, but I just found that Linus Forum is the best forum I have ever seen. You guys are really helpful and knowledgeable. That’s why I try to explain my troubles in English. I try my best to let you guys understand my words.

I was playing pubg with GTX960 and I have pretty stable 80-90 FPS at 1080P.(some times drop to 60-70, but not frequently)

I just upgraded my graphics card to GTX1070ti and I am now playing at 1440p. The FPS will jumps from 144 to 60+ and most of the time will stable at 80-90 fps. I saw ppl playing pubg with 1070ti can get stable 90-120 FPS in 1440p WITH HIGH SETTINGS! I’m using always using very low in most setting with 3 medium. I should be able to get much higher FPS IMO. 

I’m able to get pretty stable 220-250 in Overwatch, 1440p low-medium settings. So I think the differences are the demanding on RAM? 

Also, with MSI afterburner, I noticed that gpu usage in OW is stable at above 95% while in pubg, 60-70 average gpu usage. The Fps drops when the ram usage is getting higher.

I have only 8GB DDR4 2400 single channel, OW used abt 5GB ram and it runs smoothly. Pubg used almost 7GB ram. 

Current pc set up:

ryzen 5 1600@3.8Ghz

asus prime b350 plus

8Gb ddr4 2400mhz

cooler master V650

zotac 1070ti mini OCed

It will help PUBG while objects and textures are loading in the beginning, but after everything is loaded, not really. Running your RAM in dual channel and at a higher frequency may help, but it's not going to be a huge difference.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

2 minutes ago, Skym said:

I have only 8GB DDR4 2400 single channel, OW used abt 5GB ram and it runs smoothly. Pubg used almost 7GB ram. 

It looks as if your memory will be causing you problems in PUBG then.
Purchase another 8GB memory stick and run in dual channel mode.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Did you DDU in safe mode and reinstalled nVidia drivers fresh new when you installed the new GPU? This could be helpful if you haven't done but yes 8gb of slow memory on a Ryzen platform certainly isn't ideal and if you're depending on your pagefile you should probably consider this upgrade.

You'll never see full 8gb used, if it is reaching past the 7gb mark it certainly already is depending on the much slower pagefile that will harm fps... this is a big issue specially on these games like PUBG that have some memory leaking.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

22 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Did you DDU in safe mode and reinstalled nVidia drivers fresh new when you installed the new GPU? This could be helpful if you haven't done but yes 8gb of slow memory on a Ryzen platform certainly isn't ideal and if you're depending on your pagefile you should probably consider this upgrade.

You'll never see full 8gb used, if it is reaching past the 7gb mark it certainly already is depending on the much slower pagefile that will harm fps... this is a big issue specially on these games like PUBG that have some memory leaking.

I don’t know what is DDU.... After I found this problem, I uninstall the Geforce experiences and then reinstalling that thing. The driver is automatically up to date. I’m not sure whether I have completely reinstalled the driver correctly 

25 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

It will help PUBG while objects and textures are loading in the beginning, but after everything is loaded, not really. Running your RAM in dual channel and at a higher frequency may help, but it's not going to be a huge difference.

Then what is the problem of such a low gpu usage?

24 minutes ago, Skym said:

Then what is the problem of such a low gpu usage?

In the case of PUBG, usually a CPU bottleneck. In most parts of Miramar and Erangel, 90-100 FPS is the range where most CPUs become the bottleneck.

My system can reach 120 FPS easily, but most of the time, PUBG runs in the 80-90 FPS range for me, as you can see here.

And here

(Notice how my GPU usage starts to drop as my frame rate reaches 80 FPS)

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

In the case of PUBG, usually a CPU bottleneck. In most parts of Miramar and Erangel, 90-100 FPS is the range where most CPUs become the bottleneck.

My system can reach 120 FPS easily, but most of the time, PUBG runs in the 80-90 FPS range for me, as you can see here.

And here

I’m now traveling so no data for watching videos. The cpu is about 30% usage and still a bottleneck for pubg?

Just now, Skym said:

I’m now traveling so no data for watching videos. The cpu is about 30% usage and still a bottleneck for pubg?

It's entirely possible. Your CPU doesn't need to be at 100% for it to be a bottleneck. Check your individual CPU cores. One of your CPU cores is probably running really high, while the others CPU cores have a low usage.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

8 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

It's entirely possible. Your CPU doesn't need to be at 100% for it to be a bottleneck. Check your individual CPU cores. One of your CPU cores is probably running really high, while the others CPU cores have a low usage.

All cores under 50% usage 

2 hours ago, Skym said:

All cores under 50% usage 

Lower your resolution while your GPU has low usage.

How much does your FPS increase?

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler