G.Skill Sniper X for Ryzen

Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
Just now, Wyndmere said:

I actually picked like the cheapest black PCB board because i don't really need any fancy feature. Now i kinda regret it because i would have gotten better compatibility with higher end boards.

X470 boards are coming soon with better memory support anyways. Not enough to be worth an upgrade though, you should be fine until Ryzen 3000

Color is not a good reason to buy a motherboard lol. The ASrock Pro 4 is usually the best budget AM4 board.

Hello guys, i want to buy some fast memory for my Ryzen PC, but due to distribution issues in my country the only 3000Mhz memory i could find is G.Skill Sniper X F4-3000C16Q-32GSXWB. I've got a Ryzen 5 1600 and a MSI B350 PC Mate. Do you think i will be able to achieve 2993Mhz? Thanks in advance!

With 1st gen Ryzen, even with BIOS updates, memory compatibility is still kind of hit or miss. There shouldn't be problems with the memory you have selected, but you never know.

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

12 minutes ago, Wyndmere said:

Hello guys, i want to buy some fast memory for my Ryzen PC, but due to distribution issues in my country the only 3000Mhz memory i could find is G.Skill Sniper X F4-3000C16Q-32GSXWB. I've got a Ryzen 5 1600 and a MSI B350 PC Mate. Do you think i will be able to achieve 2993Mhz? Thanks in advance!

Memory stuff is mostly fixed by now it should be fine.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Memory stuff is mostly fixed by now it should be fine.

Ehh, with MSI, especially their budget lines memory is still kinda spotty from my experience and those of other I have seen.

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

1 minute ago, SpencerC said:

Ehh, with MSI, especially their budget lines memory is still kinda spotty from my experience and those of other I have seen.

I actually picked like the cheapest black PCB board because i don't really need any fancy feature. Now i kinda regret it because i would have gotten better compatibility with higher end boards.

Just now, Wyndmere said:

X470 boards are coming soon with better memory support anyways. Not enough to be worth an upgrade though, you should be fine until Ryzen 3000

Color is not a good reason to buy a motherboard lol. The ASrock Pro 4 is usually the best budget AM4 board.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

• 1 year later...

Hello guys I have bought g.skill sniper X 3600mhz ram is it supported with ryzen 7 3700x

IMG_20190724_183653__01.jpg