Breathing PC Case,

Xander Cousins

So I have the Aerocool VS-92 ATX computer case and well I was wondering is their any way I could get a strip of Green LED's and have them Breath so to say, Like a gentle fade in, fade out over a period of time while the Pc is powered on (Excludes when it is in sleep mode). So was wondering firstly how would I make this possible and secondly where to have the LED strips placed.

See the source image

I want the front, Top and Side to have the breathing effect So like where would I place it to get a decent effect? 

Thanks in advance!

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

• 2 weeks later...

:) 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Something along the lines of the link in my signature running some custom code to add a breathing mode. Other than that, theres likely some off-the-shelf RGB controllers that will work, but I have no idea or experience about those.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2018 at 4:33 AM, Varacolaci said:

This is exactly how i do it to all my case mods house mods and car mods as well.

This

IMG_20180430_172714-XL.jpg

Will do this

and green as well.

IMG_20180430_175208-XL.jpg

basically i agree with what everyone else said but if youre talking about breathing i must say i was always pretty disappointed with the breathing on led contrllers because the cut off to early or maybe it has to do with the range of the leds but it looks like they fade perfectly from 100% to like 25 and then just turn off and on again. it looks abbrupt. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

basically i agree with what everyone else said but if youre talking about breathing i must say i was always pretty disappointed with the breathing on led contrllers because the cut off to early or maybe it has to do with the range of the leds but it looks like they fade perfectly from 100% to like 25 and then just turn off and on again. it looks abbrupt. 

I have had some that does the breathing realy smooth, I'll check the brand when I get back home. I did a MLP lamp for my niece and she loves the breathing and I recall being very smooth

dang the led it self is very short and i removed the branding to fit in there... tho i think it has more to do with the controller than the leds... i will check the controller seller in ebay and update it with the link

20180420_151229.jpg