(Gaming PC) Meshify C 1500X *QuietBudgetNinja*

I have taken a break away from my new extraordinary complex build and taken on the task of finding parts, assembling and installing my friends new gaming computer.

It was his birthday last Sunday so this years big gift for himself was a new PC.
Been using a gaming laptop the past few years with no clear upgrade path, it surely have hit a roadblock for one wanting to play new titles.

We both live in Denmark and here hardware is pretty expensive, so there was a budget - get me the best possible rig, somewhat future proof, quiet, good looks, NO RGB, maintenance free and for less than £1.100 // $1.570 // £1.270 // 9.500 DKR.

So we found:

MSI B350M Gaming Pro motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X CPU

CoolerMaster MasterLiquidLite 240 AIO

Corsair LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3000MHz RAM

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1060 6G 9Gbps

Seagate Firecuda SSHD 1TB

1 random 120mm PWM fan (I had this already)
1 random 140mm fan (I had this already)
1 PWM splitter (I had this already)

Fractal Design Integra M 550Watt PSU

Fractal Design Meshify C Dark ed. w/Tempered glass

A BitFenix PSU extension (I had this already)
A Phanteks GPU power extension (I had this already)

Samsung C24FG73 23,5" Curved HD monitor (gifted from his girlfriend)

Logitech G413 White keyboard

Plantronics 500HD surround headset

I had an unused Windows 10 Pro from my private stockpile of PC gear that he got.

All in all a pretty good deal on a budget, optimized primarily for gaming and not much else.
Therefor no more than 8GB RAM, no SSD, no fancy anything really, just performance.

My Gaming PC: 27833

Meshify C front, simple, good airflow and looks good

1XRDjh.jpg

My best attempt at cable managing this case

uy3qhe.jpg

Really difficult taking pictures with tempered glass on! Still covered in plastic until he brought it home

x2Y0Ax.jpg

Now with the ugly pictures out of the way, ready for a closeup of the finished result?

V3Bv35.jpg

Here you go!

94IkKK.jpg

My friend is no overclocker, but its such a shame to not boost it just a little, so I gave him a very conservative OC that should be able to live on without any hickups

yPXVkd.jpg

t5TIQN.jpg

fQB7oz.jpg

Some results

UL7kTG.png

V5L5Ce.png

zZFwSv.png

More results

DOSMX5.png

OqVRPr.png

TKNYJd.png

8Dq6N9.png

And if you are in doubt about the thermals, I tested it for more than 8 hours in different apps, plus I ran 6 hours Prime95 Small FFT, plus 18 hours or so of Memtest86+
It's a solid build.

H0lN3g.png

Max 71/73 degree in a 24 degree room on GPU/CPU.

Even Windows is a solid special blend I fixed him up with, no nonsense, no build in apps, no 3D this or that, no OneDrive and a lot more, it always takes me ages to install windows but the result is much faster than MS normally sells, pretty close to a LTSB edition but fully updated at least.

ufQ9hi.png

I think I will post a few more pictures on a later date of the actual building process, but for now you got the good stuff ;)

3 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Ryzen with B250 mobo?  this have had to be a pain to get it working

wait, yes!! now I understand why it was so difficult....

Ahh its soon midnight here and I had a long day, sorry just corrected my error, thanks for letting me know

Let's continue the story about how this PC came to life.

It all started with me bringing home a lot of parts on my bike, as I don't have a car and live near the place were everything was delivered to.

pjJTzn.jpg

In case you forgot, this build is a Ryzen build, and they have pretty packaging

XeaX9P.jpg

oZLvGk.jpg

All the parts:

oBelPk.jpg

To be continued....

Unpacking motherboard, thats how you build a very cheap no nonsense board, only the essentials but a little of everything

NaiaZH.jpg

The matching RAM

msbPil.jpg

The graphics card

1aarTU.jpg

Unpacking the case, a rather nice frame to build within

S6sWmP.jpg

ZtF3QE.jpg

And so did the mounting begin

NqOLi4.jpg

Unpacking the extremely cheap water AIO, still a mystery how thy can make it for this price, but it honestly really does a good job and come with pretty amazing fans for the price included in the box.

gB9URR.jpg

Looks like actually pretty good quality

Gc4hUj.jpg

6EDwOL.jpg

If I should give it a little critique, the very thin tubes are very stiff and really difficult to route, so the only place I could mount the rad, have some nice smooth bends and have the coolermaster logo facing the right way on the block itself, was to place it in the lowest position on the front.

BvBQBK.jpg

There is always benefits to the choices you have to make someway or the other.

The rad fans come with a rather ugly fan splitter, so that's where they save some money

8qxuSL.jpg

If you look closely on the picture above, you can see its tugged into the tiny little space below the rad out of visibility.

So around this time the machine looked like this and was actually functional.
This is a picture of one of the very first boots

R8GLuZ.jpg

The issue in my eyes was that the cabling looked terrible, despite the darkened glass, my friend could maybe notice and can not take any chances in not doing the best job i can with the time and parts available.
Also, the supplied fan there came with the case is terribly loud, needed to be swapped.

rDGv4Y.jpg

If you notice, there is also a huge hole in the PSU shroud, because I had to mount the radiator so low else the stiff tubes would bend in strange ways.
The is a cover plate, but it can either be mounted or unmounted according to if there is a rad in front or not, not anything else, leaving a big open space behind.

So this is where the casemod came into play.

tDpIFZ.jpg

Gorilla glue double sided tape and reposition the cover plate and bam, much nicer looks.

From another angle after the cables got styled too.

LpqWp1.jpg

Before I could swap that rear fan out, I had to dig trough my pile of old fans to find one there would be a good match both in performance, looks and that I could spare.

Found a Artic PWM fan with a really terrible colored wire but nice white blades.
So I sleeved the fan cable black until it could reach behind the motherboard tray and be unseen.

VmUGkC.jpg

And now the finished product is pretty close

4NhSbR.jpg

Found another old 140mm fan to but in the roof, to air cool the RAM and help intake for the rad fans. Rear fan is exhaust, because its unfiltered, and front fans are also pushing out.

This it the story about the build, feel free to do like me and build the same awesome budget gamer or let it inspire you for an even greater build.
Thanks for looking trough.

:D