RX 480 cinebench 'OpenGL Reference Match' score lower than an HD 5770!?

Can someone explain exactly what 'OpenGL Reference Match' means in Cinebench? My result is confusing and I'm struggling to fine a comprehensive explanation of what it's a measurement of exactly.

Cinebench OpenGL benchmark RX 480.jpg

AFAIK, when the scene is rendered with fully OpenGL specifications compliant path, it produces a picture where each pixel always is a specific value.

On consumer graphics cards, there are driver optimizations to squeeze every frame for gamers. This produces minor color inaccuracies which are imperceptible to the human eye but are still different from perfect.

So this image has 2% of pixels that aren't what they should be.

Cool. So it's not so much a performance measure (as in fps, etc) as an accuracy measure? 

I guess the old nvidia fx cards would score particularly low on this test then with the low bit rendering trick they had

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.