Laptop Dead???

Dudefoxlive

Hi, one of my friends found a laptop on the curb and picked it up.  She was able to power it on long enough to get to the Windows Setup and then it powered off. I now have it trying to get it to turn on and it wont power on.  When the charger is plugged in the charge and battery light light up green showing that some sign of life is there.  What should i try to fix this?  I watch a video on someone found a laptop that was DOA and it was slowing the same signs.  Wont power on but charge lights light up.  He pulled the BIOS battery and waited for it to discharge and after that it powered up fine.  Any ideas?

Reset CMOS, pop an external display on it, take out the battery, dig out your multimeter and start following and measuring the voltages on the PCB coming from the charger...

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

i have tried with no battery.  gonna try clearing the cmos later on.  How do i do it?

8 minutes ago, Dudefoxlive said:

i have tried with no battery.  gonna try clearing the cmos later on.  How do i do it?

Locate the CMOS battery in the laptop (its a simple button battery) remove it and the actual battery as well as any chargers. Then click the power button a few times to drain the system of power and leave for 5 min. Pop everything back in and hope

10 minutes ago, Dudefoxlive said:

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.