Need help with Cooling

Hello Tech gurus,

Need help with cooling my Phanteks P400, have two stock Phanteks fan along with 4* CM's Sickle Flow X fan, need advice on getting additional two case fans (static or air flow fan) and where should I place those new fan to get optimal performance, and also I keep my PC on desk, should my PSU fan face top or should it face the bottom, please suggest me a good case fan from the following sites (each fan should not cross 1000inr (15 USD))

The IT depot

Amazon India

Flipkart

Ty I'm advance,

Yash

Arsenal of Hardware: Intel i7 6700k Processor | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16 GB 2400 MHz RAM | nVidia ZOTAC GeFore GTX 750 Ti 2GB (IK, I need to really upgrade this xD) | Phanteks P400S | 1*7500 RPM 2TB HDD WD Black (Have to really add an SSD for boot drive) | Seasonic M12II-850 Watt Bronze PSU | CoolerMaster Hyper 212x CPU Cooler | 24" 1080p BenQ GL2460 Monitor | Circle Gaming Keyboard Adroit X 7CLogitech G402 Gaming Mouse | HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset | Redgear Wireless Gamepad

Well all your fan slots are full so you would have to replace certain fans. Remove the stock fans, get some 120mm noctua fans at the front. If not those I would reccomend high static pressure and noctua has released a new lineup of fans that is all black and the corners are colored with a color of your choice(if you don't like their bad color scheme). 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

I wouldn't bother for the front, Phanteks cases are known for generally having trash airflow. Pure Wings are good

If you are replacing the front fans then get some air flow fans, not the static pressure kind. 

Static sacrifices the amount of air they can push in order to make it go in a straight line, thus making them unfit for case uses. Only time you might want to use static is on radiators or the coolers itself. 

Amazon India has the Arctic F14 140mm Ultra-Quiet Case Fan in your price range with good reviews.

Your case can take 5, 140mm fans. 3 in the front and 2 on top.

You also have a rear 120mm exhaust fan. I would have the PSU fan facing down.

Living Room: HTPC (M1 Mac Mini 8/256) HiFi (Furman Elite-15 PFi > Cambridge 851N > Emotiva A300 > Focal Chora 826) Display (65-inch LG Oled, 22-inch Dell)

Office: Workstation (AMD 3900X, RX5700XT, 32GB) Headphones (Cambridge DacMagic+ > Schiit Lyr 3 > DT 990. 2 Sonos One in Stereo) Display (32-inch Gigabyte)

What are your specs, temps, and what's unsatisfactory about how your cooling is currently set up?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I take it you've left the two stock fans in the same positions they came in? (1 front and 1 back) and then put your own CM Sickle also in the front? Be nice to know what exactly is getting hot, whether it be your CPU, GPU, or your PSU. But for now however from the information you've given I'd say you should invest in 2x 140mm air flow fans for the front of your case to get the most out of it you can, and as for your price range I'd recommend the Noctua NF-P14S. It's in the redux line so it sticks around your £15 price point. If you are to do that, try put your CM sickle on the top of your case as exhaust as well as the stock at the back, just to see if its getting the hot air out that's causing the issue (although I doubt it is). If the temps don't lower with this change just scrap the top exhaust as its just making unwanted noise. 

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

This is true but that Phanteks case doesn't really give the front fans much room to breathe. Begs the question whether static would be more beneficial in this situation. 

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

For the aesthetics tbh, my specs are i7 6700 (with stock cooler), evga gtx 760 sc (which I need to upgrade asap), Asus h170 pro gaming mb, 16 gigs ram, and just want something which will be more aesthetically appealing (goes well with red black color scheme) and perform a bit well than those stock Phanteks case fans, as far as PSU fan it should be facing down. Affirmative, ty for the replies.

Arsenal of Hardware: Intel i7 6700k Processor | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16 GB 2400 MHz RAM | nVidia ZOTAC GeFore GTX 750 Ti 2GB (IK, I need to really upgrade this xD) | Phanteks P400S | 1*7500 RPM 2TB HDD WD Black (Have to really add an SSD for boot drive) | Seasonic M12II-850 Watt Bronze PSU | CoolerMaster Hyper 212x CPU Cooler | 24" 1080p BenQ GL2460 Monitor | Circle Gaming Keyboard Adroit X 7CLogitech G402 Gaming Mouse | HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset | Redgear Wireless Gamepad

So basically I need to go for Air flow case fans right. Higher the CFM, higher the Airflow if I'm not mistaken right?!?!
Suggest me some good fans which is below 1000 INR a piece from theitdepot.com or amazon.in or flipkart.com , ty in advance :D

1 hour ago, Yassassin said:

For the aesthetics tbh, my specs are i7 6700 (with stock cooler), evga gtx 760 sc (which I need to upgrade asap), Asus h170 pro gaming mb, 16 gigs ram, and just want something which will be more aesthetically appealing (goes well with red black color scheme) and perform a bit well than those stock Phanteks case fans, as far as PSU fan it should be facing down. Affirmative, ty for the replies.

There's your problem right there, your poor temps are almost certainly down to the fact you're using the stock Intel cooler. I'd recommend literally any other aftermarket cooler over the stock, whether it be AIO water or a regular old heatsink. Once you change this I am certain you will see a dramatic drop in CPU temperatures. Case fans aren't your enemy here. 

As for fans around your price point I'll let WoodenMarker handle that, it's his/her area of expertise I'm sure :)

3 hours ago, Alcam said:

There's your problem right there, your poor temps are almost certainly down to the fact you're using the stock Intel cooler. I'd recommend literally any other aftermarket cooler over the stock, whether it be AIO water or a regular old heatsink. Once you change this I am certain you will see a dramatic drop in CPU temperatures. Case fans aren't your enemy here. 

gonna get Hyper 212X, even though it's an non-k cpu

13 hours ago, Yassassin said:

For the aesthetics tbh, my specs are i7 6700 (with stock cooler), evga gtx 760 sc (which I need to upgrade asap), Asus h170 pro gaming mb, 16 gigs ram, and just want something which will be more aesthetically appealing (goes well with red black color scheme) and perform a bit well than those stock Phanteks case fans

Did you already have the Sickleflows? If so, it seems like you already have plenty of fans. 

If you want red LED's, there's the H410R: https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Cooler+Master+Hyper+H410R+CPU+Coolers+(RR-H410-20PK-R1)_C10P29480.html

What are your temps?

13 hours ago, Yassassin said:

So basically I need to go for Air flow case fans right. Higher the CFM, higher the Airflow if I'm not mistaken right?!?!

Yes, airflow is measured in CFM but static pressure is also necessary to maintain airflow in obstructed areas. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, Yassassin said:

gonna get Hyper 212X, even though it's an non-k cpu

k or not I'd always recommend an aftermarket cooler when your pc is doing anything above idle, Intel's stock cooler isn't all that good. Some temps would also be helpful. :)

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Did you already have the Sickleflows? If so, it seems like you already have plenty of fans. 

If you want red LED's, there's the H410R: https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Cooler+Master+Hyper+H410R+CPU+Coolers+(RR-H410-20PK-R1)_C10P29480.html

What are your temps?

Yes, airflow is measured in CFM but static pressure is also necessary to maintain airflow in obstructed areas. 

8 hours ago, Alcam said:

k or not I'd always recommend an aftermarket cooler when your pc is doing anything above idle, Intel's stock cooler isn't all that good. Some temps would also be helpful. :)

Cool, will get some aftermarket cooler, would you guys recommend 

Circle Stay Cool CG-12 120MM Red LED Case Cabinet Fan:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00N3V8JME/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A36E7FF7PPLK9U

It's CFM is 90 according to the page, that's great right, I could use this at front intake right (if yes means, I'll order 3 and install em at front) or should I order 2* CM SickleFlow X whose CFM is around 70, need some advice on case fan w/ red led (accent).

10 hours ago, Yassassin said:

would you guys recommend 

Circle Stay Cool CG-12 120MM Red LED Case Cabinet Fan:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00N3V8JME/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A36E7FF7PPLK9U
It's CFM is 90 according to the page, that's great right, I could use this at front intake right (if yes means, I'll order 3 and install em at front) or should I order 2* CM SickleFlow X whose CFM is around 70, need some advice on case fan w/ red led (accent).

I'm pretty sure those CG-12's and Sickleflows are the same fans. Sickleflows are a great example of bull specs. They're either very noisy or don't perform well at low rpm. There's little to no regulation on how fans specs are measured between manufacturers. Look at benchmarks and in-depth reviews instead.

Riing 12's would be better: https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Thermaltake+Riing+12C+High+Static+Pressure+Red+LED+Case+Fan+(CL-F058-PL12RE-A)_C10P28744.html

You can use 3 for front intake and 1 for rear exhaust.