Getting NAT to work in VM Ware workstation

So i want to connect my VM to internet using NAT. i know it is possible with something like bridged but i want to do it in NAT for reasons. when i tried by simply selecting the NAT option shown in the screenshot it does not connect. i tried to ping my router and i get host unreachable error with my static IP. VM ware NAT service also seem to be working fine in the host machine. what else should i check in order to get this working. I have this VM setup in another PC and in that it works fine by simply selecting that NAT option.

nat.PNG

Typically NAT when configured in a router is paired with a DHCP service. The private hosts get their own IP on a private network (Class A, B, or C) and the WAN interface (your local servers IP being the WAN address in this case) will represent all of those addresses requests. So, I'd check the working config and see how it's setup. I like opening CMD and using "ipconfig" or "ipconfig /all" then see what you get on the misbehaving VM. Usually in instances like this the misbehaving machine isn't getting an IP at all. Weather or not both VMs can exist on the same network or not I can't say but you might be able to test it by setting some static IPs or sending another DHCP request.

Or if the VMs all have the same IP as the local servers WAN interface...that might be a whole nother issue all together in that case I wonder if only one VM can use NAT at a time. I have no experience with VMware though so don't believe that for a second.