Nvidia Shield Wifi Adapter PfSense

Matt_TPrice

I have a DELL Dimension 3000 running PfSense So my routing is fully capable for the shield streaming. I am just need help finding a PCI wifi adapter card that transmits a dual band signal at 5ghz.

I need to be sure that it transmits a signal. As of now I am using an old wirless G router as an access point. I need to upgrade.

BOTTOM LINE: I need a dual band PCI network card that transmits that has enough juice for Nvidia shield streaming.

Thanks for any help!

Shove your "cinematic experience" where the sun don't shine!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

pfsense has terrible wireless support, i dare to say that it maybe not possible to get shield streaming working using it.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

pfsense has terrible wireless support, i dare to say that it maybe not possible to get shield streaming working using it.

I have to agree here. You'll probably have more success pissing in the wind.   

"There's no test like production!"

Na…get the PCEAC68

its an improved version with a bit more power for the same price

Router:

ASUS WRT AC68U

AND PLZ levee the ASUS firmware on the router!!!!

its already based on DD-WRT

This is exactly my setup and its one of the best 802.11AC setups you can get for home use.

And its not dual band its triple band WLAN AC over the fastest chipset on the market

I would love that Asus Adapter but I do not have PCI express on my old dell dimension.

Shove your "cinematic experience" where the sun don't shine!

Last i heard even if you got a N wireless card in pfsense it would knock it down to G speeds. Pfsense has extremely terrible wireless support. I would just buy a router and put it in AP mode or buy an actual wireless AP.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5