Does overclocking your cpu have a big effect on your computers lifetime?

Does overclocking your cpu have a big effect on your computers lifetime? and if so, is it only when your cpu is overclocked that your computers lifespand shortens?

If a "k-series" Intel cpu (for example) where to be overclocked, the lifespand of your Cpu would shorten.. Is that even correct, or does the lifespand of a k-series chip just live a shorter life?

example: 

i7 7700k vs i7 7700 whos going to win on the longer term?

If you don't overclock to a million gigahertz the difference is neligible.

A CPU overclocked will last longer than you think.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

20 minutes ago, Janus Aagaard said:

Does overclocking your cpu have a big effect on your computers lifetime? and if so, is it only when your cpu is overclocked that your computers lifespand shortens?

If a "k-series" Intel cpu (for example) where to be overclocked, the lifespand of your Cpu would shorten.. Is that even correct, or does the lifespand of a k-series chip just live a shorter life?

example: 

i7 7700k vs i7 7700 whos going to win on the longer term?

Depends on what voltages you're putting through it. An i7 8700k with a manual vcore of 1.2 will last longer than an i7 8700k with a manual vcore of 1.4 (ON PAPER). Everyone's experience varies a little bit, though in general, the more voltage you apply, the shorter the life span. The second major detractor from CPU life is temperature. Here's an article on such: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-Temperature-on-Intel-CPU-Performance-606/

Ultimately, if you're running your overclockable chip at "appropriate voltages and temperatures" (varies for each situation and person, but I like to generally keep chip below 85c for extended use and peak loads and keep voltage as low as it can be while remaining stable) you'll get plenty of life out of the chip! As for the specific years, I can't really say. There are so many factors or "moving parts" in that equation that I cannot give you a concrete answer. Certainly not a major life difference however!

I hope that helps!

Lifespan shouldn’t be a concern. 10 plus years is plenty. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I am not sure about exact life span of a CPU. But overclocked CPU will last more than five years, after which usually CPU get obsolete. (given temperature and voltages are within safe region)