GTX 770 Bios flash gone wrong looking for advice

Gavin Gilchrist

Right so. the card im running is a Palit Jetstream GTX 770 4GB and the card runs pretty hot, like way too hot. 90C on furmark the card struggles to even hold boost clock for longer than 5 mins. so i thought that undervolting would be a good option. i started off by getting the bios for my card which i got from here " https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=&manufacturer=Palit&model=GTX+770&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=4096&since= " i then used keplar Bios tweaker to lower the voltages. i dropped the voltages for CLK 40 - CLK 52 from a max of 1250mv down to 1237.5 i then used Nvflash to flash the new bios i did this and it ran find it installed and asked me to restart i restarted but wasnt able to load furmark again without it emiditally crashing my PC so from that i learned okay my card is unable to be undervolted i guess it was already as low as it could go as i was still able to get into to windows i tried just flashing the stock bios from from the same site with no ajustments made that didnt fix anything i was still encountering the same issue i tried using the other 3 alternative bios's on the site and none at all work sometimes artifacts would show on post screen sometimes windows boot screen and even the home screen ive tried increasing the voltage through MSI afterburner just to see if furmark would atleast launch but nothing ive tried uninstalling my display drivers using DDU and reinstalling them and still nothing whenever i try load up anything GPU intensive the PC completely locks up and freezes resulting in multiple boot loops. i understand and have learned from this that i should have created a back up and i understood the risks before attempting this im just wondering is this card completely screwed now or is there anything anyone would recommened trying any help at all would be appriciated as ive ran out of ideas now 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Sounds like you bricked it

thats what i was thinking but would be kinda strange as nothing should be fried as it was undervolting. but then again i dont know thanks for the input tho :) 

1 minute ago, Gavin Gilchrist said:

thats what i was thinking but would be kinda strange as nothing should be fried as it was undervolting. but then again i dont know thanks for the input tho :) 

Flashing a vBIOS is pretty risky.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

just a quick update i managed to fix it . i flashed a Gainward GTX 770 4gb with almost the exact same clocks and it works ran furmark with no issues dont know how but im not questioning it :)