Case Dilemma: 900D or 750D for WC Build

penance
Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

Ended up pulling the trigger on the 750D. I have the parts listed below for my WC setup, went with 7/16 tubing and 1/2 barbs I have read you can do this and not have to use anything to hold the tubbing down. Thoughts?

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360mm

EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Nickel + Plexi

I believe I will have to use some sort of SLI fitting as well, still looking at those.

looks good, fans?

only issue i can bring up would be the stubby fittings might be too short in this

idea of having a tight radius will not have a good enough support to hold a seal.

i'd toggle the idea with the standard barbs with some grab, because of not using

clamps. i love the 7/16" on 1/2" barb, but in a tight radius loop you might need

length on that fitting. just a thought. got the order put in yet?

Hi all 

I want to use the 750D and make a 360 rad work ( up top preferably ) I also want to use the D5 photon 270mm reservoir as i like its size ,looks ,and think it will cool better, with more liquid content than the 170mm 

It will be a reasonably basic system to cool, as i will have 1 TB HDD,1 optical dvd ( no SSD for a while ) and will probably only ever be using just one high end GPU

However i will want cool,as I will be installing i7 4790K cpu on a GA - Z97X Gaming 3 motherboard,but only cooling the CPU at first, but when i have some $ i will upgrade graphics card and water cool it too, so thinking ahead.

So will a XT45mm 360 rad mounted above be good for i7 4790K + 1 high end card, or is it just not needed to cool the two, and is it better to go for floor mounted 240/280 thicker 60mm and have fans up top for more airflow threw case, ( seems to me that 45mm 360 is still better cooling surface area with 270 reservoir),then there is the annoying lose of an optical drive bay,because i may end up with a fan controller in there too ,as long as only one bay lost ?

I have read somewhere that you can make a 60mm 360 work without presure on the MB ,as one brand is a few mm less size after fans mounted ?? 

Spent hours researching this and think it will be easier if i get help specific to my config,specs,thanks in advance !  

Basic specs :

i7 4790K CPU

GA - Z97X Gaming 3 Motherboard

ATI Radian HD5850 1GB DDR5 RAM ( upgrade latter ambient cool for now)

8 GB Crucial 1600mhz RAM

XSPC D5 Photon reservoir pump combo + custom pipe and connectors ,coolant.

Corsair HX 650W PSU (Should be fine)

Ended up pulling the trigger on the 750D. I have the parts listed below for my WC setup, went with 7/16 tubing and 1/2 barbs I have read you can do this and not have to use anything to hold the tubbing down. Thoughts?

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360mm

EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Nickel + Plexi

I believe I will have to use some sort of SLI fitting as well, still looking at those.

Excellent choice. :)

Your cooling setup looks VERY similar to my planned future setup, in fact it is pretty much exactly what I initially wanted. If only I could find the Bitspower upgrade kits outside of the US. :/

You should have a look at the Bitspower Crystal link for the SLI setup, looks awesome and is clear like your other tubing (you will probably need to buy special fittings for it, as it is hard tube).

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R CPU: Intel i7 2600k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo w. 2x Cooler Master Blade Master 120mm Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX670 SSD: 256GB Samsung 830 HDD: Random WD 500GB (It's old) PSU: Corsair Professional Series Gold AX750

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w. 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial in pull Mobo: ASUS Maximus VII Hero RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 MHz GPU: ASUS GTX780 DCUII SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo HDD: WD Green 3TB PSU: Corsair AX860i

Monitor: BenQ 24" XL2410T Keyboard: Logitech G19 Mouse: Logitech G500 Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Digital Headphones: Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro